Sexy Black FZ6R mods.

phantomxc

Well after about 400 hours of working on my LED Head light mod (really like 8) it's finally done!. Here are a few sexy photos.

Before the bike went back together I had to see kinda how it looked. I was definitely getting excited at this point.

Starting to get dark but a front view of the lights.

Close up of the lights. They are "Super White" and not blue btw.

And my favorite picture, the side view.

So that's it! I took several pictures of the assembly process but not enough to do a guide. Maybe I can do a semi guide? Was really a nightmare to do the whole thing...So besides the obvious visual mods, I also have the High flow air filter.

My wife thinks I need to get a white head light. I'm still debating as I know those are expensive. Anyone else looking to get what ever they are called Xenon or HID?

K2jer

I'm thinking about doing HID they use a transformer to up the vottage to produce a much brighter light then any 12v xenon ever would.

phantomxc

Nice job :thumbup:. Definitely ups the visibility.
That is actually the main reason I did this. I'm planning on getting the flush mount turn signals and maybe eventually wiring so the front LEDs also go with the flashers. That way it looks nice and people can still see my "blinkers" from the front.

C

Chris

I'm thinking about doing HID they use a transformer to up the vottage to produce a much brighter light then any 12v xenon ever would.
For all practical reasons HID and Xenon refers to the same thing. Xenon is the name of the gas that's used in most HID headlights on the market today.

GoGreen09

cool mod! so patient putting in the 400 hours!

MNDZA

That looks so awesome. Great job!

R

Ryan T

Very Nice. You did a heck of a job. Looks good. So, what's next (smile)?

phantomxc

Couple more pics, shows how bright they really are during the day time. Had a blast going up through the canyon...too bad it's still not completely open. Stupid snow :(

As for what's next...it's a secret :)

Oh ya, a cop looked me dead in the eyes and then right at my lights. Hopefully no one pulls me over.

fz6recon

very nice...i want to do something like this at some point...

Lonelyrider

the mod looks really neat! i liked it alot! can you please give instruction on how to install these led strips? thanks~ PM sent

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Lonelyrider

don't know if the poster still around....I tried to PM him about the installation details, no answer yet...

Last edited: