Serviceing done, crack on sump? opinions needed.

Dan McLean

I call it BS!!! Even the patch job look like something you did with mud on your dirt bike just to make it home safe. At a minimum the pan should come out and be welded.

If you end up getting out of style screwed on that deal. Advance auto parts have something called Seal-All (gas & oil) Make sure you drain the oil, sand the area a bit and clean everything perfectly with brake clean. That thing get really hard and is almost transparent. I fixed few fuel tank with that (quick patch job) and it work great. Better looking than JB welding!

When you think you see it all...

If it was me i would have taken the sump off, cleaned it and alloy weld it with the gas bottles, i could do it myself by that would be giving in,,, im gonna insist in it being repaired by them, and not welded but replaced,,,, is the only way i will feel safe.

Dan McLean

I am a service manager for a western Star truck dealership. I can tell you this much. That is not a waranty issue. If they send that part in they will recieve a charge back. With that being said, they just need to make it right. They should do the right thing and take care of the repair. "policy" they pay for the repair. The parts dept will sell service dept the part @ cost or close to it and service will have to eat the labor. Thats the right thing to do....based on you stating they have performed all your service work. Thats how you keep customers and brand loyalty. Talk to the service manager, then the general manager and on up the line till you get it taken care of.

Yes I will, the warranty shouldnt cover the sump as they did it, it shpould be them paying the costs, however if they can convince yamaha that the pan was weak and cracked because of it they might get away with it..l But they will fix it,, media can be a great thing lol

Dan McLean

Thanks guys for all your help and advice. I received a call from the dealership this morning, the claim for the sump is not covered by warranty as there was no fault in the sump,. however the dealership have ordered one and will fit it for me free of charge..... Good news after all....

Dan

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member