Selling the 6R - NFS

findmadhav

Hey Guys,

Not sure if some of you have felt this way....When the weather is bad - raining, cold for a period of time and the bike just gathers dust in the garage, at times I feel depressed and ask myself "why am I blocking so many $$$ on a bike that is just sitting" and get thoughts of selling the bike. But the moment I take it out for a ride - ALL such feelings get washed away and am transported to a different world! The only phrase that rings in my ears at that time is "Enjoy Life - Ride a Motorcycle". Guess thats the magic of the FZ6R - my bike is NFS - Not For Sale :)) Thoughts?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

yfz6r

Motorcycles still start up and go in the rain. There is lots of heating gear to keep you warm.

The last two years I had to ride the motorcycle every single day. Didn't matter the weather. Luckily only had to ride in the snow a couple of times. Saved a lot on gas

06330i

Shoot it was 39 today here in michigan and I was on the bike no questions asked. Had so many friends say I was crazy for going out but I was loving it!! The only time I get depressed about not riding is when we get crazy snow, then its just not safe to go out.

yfz6r

Shoot it was 39 today here in michigan and I was on the bike no questions asked. Had so many friends say I was crazy for going out but I was loving it!! The only time I get depressed about not riding is when we get crazy snow, then its just not safe to go out.
That's the spirit.

Get some elephant ears and a good coat and the cold isn't bad at all

Skidro

I average almost 12,000 miles a year on whatever bike i own.

The past couple of weeks the morning temps have been in the upper 20's to lower 30's, with highs in the upper 40's to lower 50's, and I get my share of riding in the rain, which i actually enjoy.

The only two things that keep me from riding are snow & ice on the road or if my two year old grandson is going with me.

But, I have been obsessed with motorcycles since around 1969 when i saw the TV show "Then Came Bronson". I was 8 years old and had my first Honda 50.

CrazyCawi

I'll trade you for your rainy weather

djf18374

I'll trade you for your rainy weather

I'm seriously envious...I want snow so badly! It's been a long time since Rochester (NY) got any substantial snow.