seat

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
do the seat from the fz6r fits the xj6???
Can you please post a pic of your bike with the seat removed? a few angles and one looking straight down? That would allow us to tell you yes or no. :D

cbzdel

If the XJ6 seat is anything like the FZ6R Corbin seat then I would say yes..

But yes pics would help..

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Thanks for the pics! It doesn't look promising. There appears to be some hardware missing. Perhaps someone here can provide a similar set of pics from the FZ6R to compare? I cannot at the time.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Just based on the pic of the underside of the seat, it resembles the Corbin seat that was made for xplodnstar. :don'tknow:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Just based on the pic of the underside of the seat, it resembles the Corbin seat that was made for xplodnstar. :don'tknow:
The Corbin might fit but he is looking for the two-piece set from a stock bike. He would need the base plate with the HI & LO setting and the tabs to screw it into?

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
After downloading and comparing the two seats, the basics are in place but the bumpers and the rear mount bracket location is different. His is further back than the Corbin seat.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I think it can be done though... the seat release can actually be moved between two locations. :D Actually, it looks like Corbin moved her latch to the lower location. See that metal bar on his picture? Then the latch bolted on the higher mount toward the back? On the lower mount, you can see the same set of holes so the latch can be bolted to either. I think his is fine and hers was moved!

So, a bracket, the pan and the two seats looks like it could work. That also means that the FZ6R can use the XJ6 seats, meaning you could order a Top Saddlery. ;)

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The Corbin might fit but he is looking for the two-piece set from a stock bike. He would need the base plate with the HI & LO setting and the tabs to screw it into?
My bad, I read it the other way around. :eek:

But even if he could get the HI/LO base, it may not work. The reason is that with the two seat setup, the front seat has a tongue that slides in at the tank, while the rear seat has a tongue that slides in over the tail light. But I believe, with the one-piece seat, there would just be the one tongue at the tank and the latch for the rear part of the seat. Therefore, the XJ6 may not have the place for the tongue of the rear seat to slide in and attach to.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I think the rear tab slides in here, correct? If so, he only needs the bracket in the front where the front seat bolts on and the adjustable pan then the two seats. ???

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I'll try and get some shortly. With the FZ6R, it's not as easy as unlock and lift. We can do that with the rear seat but the front requires tools to remove it. ;) With some pics, you'll know what we mean regarding the brackets, mount points and the HI/LO adjustment pan.

Her T-Rex sliders just came in so I have to go tool on the bike anyway. :thumbup:

C3lticPrid3

that is great! I'm from France and looking to do the same mod from xj6 seat to fz6r's!

Would you mind to tell me where you found the parts needed, which parts you picked and what was the price (parts+shipping)?!

that is looking so good and the fact that your bike is black helps a lot too :)

And if you have more pics and you don't mind sharing post them please !!!

Last edited:

grc danne

that is great! I'm from France and looking to do the same mod from xj6 seat to fz6r's!

Would you mind to tell me where you found the parts needed, which parts you picked and what was the price (parts+shipping)?!

that is looking so good and the fact that your bike is black helps a lot too :)

And if you have more pics and you don't mind sharing post them please !!!
the price was around 500$
Texas, Yamaha, Motorcycle, ATV, Dealer, Yamaha Sportscenter
i can post more pics later...