screwing around with some LEDs

BoneJj

So seeing as I do a lot of night work on the computer and don't want to have a lot of lights on while I'm working on the computer and I also do some work with repoing cars while my brother does it pretty much full time and the laptops we use in the trucks don't have backlit keyboards. So I decided to fix the issues with a simple modified USB light with some red LEDs. I had to cut some of the traces on the boards though as the original LEDs here higher voltage but lower amperage. So it took a little work to mod the boards themselves before I could even wire up the LEDs.

So yeah, I like it.

This is just a side project while I'm working on some other things for the bike and working on some LED arrays for replacing the bulbs in the car as well. I checked the mail after I finished this and found that my molex connectors finally showed up so I could have been setting up the LEDs on the bike but I didn't check the mail early enough, oh well. So that project begins this weekend and will probably take me a week or 2 to complete. I also just got in the box of wire that I need for the project as well.

I just need to make some adjustments to the wire stripper so it will stop ripping some of the strands out, a couple pieces of electrical tape should fix the problem