Scraped a peg yesterday! :D

Fenixgoon

Went into a corner a little too hot, turned a little too fast, but luckily I didn't lowside.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6_vaj0N4A&hd=1&noredirect=1]Scraping Pegs - YouTube[/ame]

I went back later and did the same corner again with much better success - completed braking before cornering, went in a little slower as well :)

Can't wait for a track day - my buddy and I are going November 19!

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

did you have to clean yourself off the first time?

b_who

Nice!! I member the 1st time i did that :)
i recommend taking the feelers off be4 your track day because its not exactly good to be dragging hard metal specially at track speeds.

The feelers just unscrew like a bolt by the way

Sparkxx1

wondering if you use proper body positioning on the street? I've never been able to go that low, cuz I try to keep nice form for the future when I do track, and to have the bike in an already upright position if I have to stop or something.

Bloke

I thought the feelers were there to say "right now then laddy, you're about to be riding on the sidewall".

If you're hitting feelers or toes before knees you're either overloaded (suspension is all compressed) or in internet speak "you're doing it wrong". Work on your body position and get that sorted first :) theres loads of vids on youtube about how to get your knee down, in particular I recommend the ones from mcn.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe52M&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]MCN: How to get your knee down - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

wondering if you use proper body positioning on the street? I've never been able to go that low, cuz I try to keep nice form for the future when I do track, and to have the bike in an already upright position if I have to stop or something.
I thought the feelers were there to say "right now then laddy, you're about to be riding on the sidewall".

If you're hitting feelers or toes before knees you're either overloaded (suspension is all compressed) or in internet speak "you're doing it wrong". Work on your body position and get that sorted first :) theres loads of vids on youtube about how to get your knee down, in particular I recommend the ones from mcn.
yeah my body positioning was not optimal by any means, especially since i hadn't finished braking.

i know i've done corners better than that using proper positioning (as proper as i know right now :))

Bloke

No worries, I only know about those vids because I was scraping pegs and scaring the hell out of myself, yet to get my knee down (only have textiles, so wouldn't be advisable), but my cornering improved so much just getting my head, shoulders and one butt cheek off of the bike, and looking through the bend.

b_who

If you're hitting feelers or toes before knees you're either overloaded (suspension is all compressed) or in internet speak "you're doing it wrong".
thats not so true on our bikes
if this was an r6 or any other Super Sport you dont want to scrape your pegs, BUT are pegs are lower to the ground, now if you scrape the pegs without the feelers your more then likely gonna run out of tire. i don't recommend getting that low on the stock tires because there profile doesn't allow to much clearance as there more touring style (flatter profile and harder compound).

Hellgate

thats not so true on our bikes
if this was an r6 or any other Super Sport you dont want to scrape your pegs, BUT are pegs are lower to the ground, now if you scrape the pegs without the feelers your more then likely gonna run out of tire. i don't recommend getting that low on the stock tires because there profile doesn't allow to much clearance as there more touring style (flatter profile and harder compound).
Not the case, there is plenty of tire and too low of peg. Take the feelers off, they serve no purpose but to drag too early.

And you'll learn during your track day that you actually brake into the corner up until apex.