Scorpion Deuce Overpants

Chucker

Just bought a pair of these. I wanted textile pants with hip and knee protection. Also liked the idea of the overpants because I can easily slip them on over the dress pants I wear to work. Haven't ridden in them yet, but they seem great. I like the style. They are fairly low in the waist, which I like. Beltloops allow me to wear a belt to attach the loops on my Joe Rocket jacket. They have a removable liner and both the liner and the pants zip all the way up the sides. Velcro at the ankle to tighten to avoid flapping in the wind. They are quite warm (standing in them) with the liner, and the thighs are mesh, so I'm sure they'll be cool in the warmer weather. CE knee protection is in the right spot for me, I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam. There very comfortable and I think they look pretty cool (so does my wife). I'm planning on NOT finding out how abrasion resistent they are.

One complaint and a word of caution - they are sized way too small. I have a 33-34" waist, so I ordered a L (34-35" waist). They are too snug with nothing underneath, let alone with pants underneath. They're supposed to be OVERpants. I need an XL, which is supposed to be 36-37" waist. Now I have to exchange them and I'm hoping I won't have to pay to ship these back to Canada's Motorcycle.

Anyway, I recommend these as long as you order a full size larger than the chart suggests and you aren't very short. I think the knee protection might be too low if you're short, as it fits me fine.

Attachments

djf18374

I just bought these the other day, and wore them on a ride a couple times. I got the XL as well, and they fit perfectly with pants underneath. I am usually a 34-35 waist and 34 inseam, and the armor hits in just the right spot. The pants kept me comfortably warm in the 33F temperature I was riding. I can't wait to see how well they keep me cool in the warmer temps this summer! Great pants, great price, look great, and are quality made. I would definitely recommend! :thumbup:

Chucker

Wore these yesterday in 13C weather. Had the liner in and just wore longjohns underneath. They were great. I was warm for the 2 hours I was out, but I could feel the cool air on my thighs where the mesh is. I'm confident they ventilate nicely in the warm weather.

I did have a problem with them riding up a bit as I rode. I wear Shift Fuel Street shoes and as I rode I gradually ended up with an inch of sock showing. With a 34" inseam, I'm thinking maybe I need Talls.

These are the shoes. Higher boots would have been fine.

Attachments

djf18374

I have the same boots too...creepy...lol but yeah i agree, the pants are not the warmest in really cold weather, and they do tend to ride up just a bit. Not a huge deal though, cuz they are nice and great buy overall!