Scorpio Alarm installation on XJ6 (europe)

tiagovsilva

Hello,

I'm from Europe (Portugal), and i have a Scorpio sr-i600 alarm installed on my XJ6n (the same bike as your's FZ6R, but naked version).

I've installed the alarm with the generic connector kit cable with t-taps, that cut the "coating" of some wires, and it works very well; but this winter the moisted and humid weather start to pick the t-taps... So, i would like take off the t-taps connectors, and install a OEM cable kit for my model.

I e-mail Scorpio alarms, and they say that, they don't know the european version, but if it is the same thing, the YAM-6 (R6) OEM cable, will fit on the bike.

So.. never saw one FZ6R (US only), but i guess the only diferece to the european version is the full fairing... aesthetics, and the cable will fit.

Do you use this cable (YAM-6) to install the Scorpio alarm on the FZ6R, or you use the generic t-tap cable?

It will fit and work?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tkk4U6H25w"]YouTube- Yamaha XJ6N xj6 Yamaha[/ame]

thnks in advance

regards,

Tiago Silva

Porto, Portugal

Last edited:

pilninggas

Hey Tiago,

My guess is that any 'direct connector' that you get may not work, yamaha alter the wiring colours regularly and they vary model to model.

Can you not remove one T-taps one-at-a-time, strip some of the insulation from the cable and solder directly to the copper?

This is what i did with my alarm.

If you cannot solder, maybe a local bike shop or auto electrician might do the job for you?

Cool bike by the way (i have one in the same colour)

mervyn:)

tiagovsilva

Hi..

Regarding your installation, t-taps connectors give you any kind of problems,
or do you solder directly for a more "clean" installation?

regards,

Tiago

Detrich

wow, nice looking bike tiag! :) i really like the "naked" look- ie without the fairings...