Saw two fz6r's yesterday, only seen one other on the road

arse

The lady and I were leaving our local BBQ joint the other day, stuffed to the brim, about to hop on the 919 to go on a nice leisurely ride. What do I see rolling up, not one, but two white fz6rs. I of course had to go bother them. Really nice couple prob in their early fourties. I opened with "nice bikes! I used to have a black 11'". They responded "yeah we love em, we had Harley's but these are Just so much more fun to ride." I was smitten. They were of course interested in what I was riding, and like most people have no idea what it is until i say it's a CB. I asked them what year their matching r's were and with some deliberation they decided 09's. The gentleman said he's got a newer r6 at home that is getting some goodies, while he's trying to keep the keys away from his 17 year old son! Hah!

Anyways, it was nice to see someone else in my neck of the woods riding an r. I've only seen one other white one in my town and I also saw my old one cruising down the highway a few months ago. Bittersweet. Why do bikes all have to be so damn different! Regardless I'm still in love with the 919. Perfect for my one bike since that's all I can have at the moment. Today, I had to take my roommate to a dealer 45 miles away, riding pillion (370lbs), to pick up his new cbr250r. I wasn't Gona miss the opportunity to ride on my day off!

Last edited:

Fizzi6ergal

I get excited when I see other 6r's. Last weekend, I saw a '10 white 6r riding into Bend, then the next day I saw it leaving Bend. Then there is a blue 6r down where I live that likes to park at the US bank. I'm waiting for them to show up somewhere so I can chat 6r's with them.

arse

Is your buddy wishing he got a bigger bike yet?
Nah not yet haha. He's on a budget and had a gs500 this season that gave him a bunch of problems. He's owned plenty of 600cc bikes but for the price he paid its perfect for his mainly commuter needs. You can knock 25 hp, but can't knock 80 mpg