Saggy Bags :(

AngryAnt

I got my Nelson Rigg Silver Streak Saddle bags in this week, and have took them off and put them back on a half dozen times already.

No matter how hard I try, one side or the other is sagging, with the bottom corner about 4 inches from the wheel. I know some people on the forum are using these same bags, does anybody have some advice through trial and error on the best way to secure them, or should I not worry about it?

The Velcro straps are as tight as I can get them, resting across the passenger seat, with each bag being tied to the reflectors in the back and to a bar on the frame running under the seat. Is there a better configuration or any suggestions from any frequent soft bag users?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I got my Nelson Rigg Silver Streak Saddle bags in this week, and have took them off and put them back on a half dozen times already.

No matter how hard I try, one side or the other is sagging, with the bottom corner about 4 inches from the wheel. I know some people on the forum are using these same bags, does anybody have some advice through trial and error on the best way to secure them, or should I not worry about it?

The Velcro straps are as tight as I can get them, resting across the passenger seat, with each bag being tied to the reflectors in the back and to a bar on the frame running under the seat. Is there a better configuration or any suggestions from any frequent soft bag users?
Get hard bags...

This is the same issue that's causing me to consider the expensive Givi setup.

AngryAnt

I fully plan on getting a givi setup, but I'll have to wait a few months. I picked these up for $80 and was hoping they would get me by.

Right now I have lots of overlap on the Velcro, so much so I am folding u p the extra and tucking it under a strap, but the bags still sag pretty bad. I'm going to wash my bike and try again tomorrow and post some pics.

the_cr

Looking at the title I thought this was going to be a post on aging!:rolleyes:

I guess that's what I get for being awake and on the forums at this time of night.

I apologise though, as I don't have anything useful to add. I don't have any of the bags as I'm always 2-up so I can just put the backpack on my girl :)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

AngryAnt

AngryAnt

I took the heat guard off the bags, that seemed to help a little. They're still sagging a bit, but at least now they're not very close to the back tire.