Running a tube in a tubeless tire

Drennan57

I recently ran into an issue with my rear tire leaking air between to the rim and sidewall. The rim is damaged I think but I cannot find a used one anywhere. So the only option I have is to run a tube in it. So in the mean time while I'm looking for a rim I'll be riding like this.

Any specific caution I should take, should I still inflate it to the rated pressure of the tire or should the psi be lower to allow the sidewall to flex more? I'm not sure if need to give it special attention. Tire is rated for 42 PSI.

Any insight would be appreciated.

NIBsnoopy

Sounds like the bead seal. Take it in to a dealer, they can put it on the balancer and see if the wheel is warped, If not They will grind the old seal off and re-apply. Should fix the problem

Drennan57

Sounds like the bead seal. Take it in to a dealer, they can put it on the balancer and see if the wheel is warped, If not They will grind the old seal off and re-apply. Should fix the problem
Thanks, the previous owner went down and the outter lip is bent beyond repair. I ordered a used rim on eBay off a 2014 that went down. Comes with a new battlax so why not.

My rear was brand new this spring so I'm just gonna use the tire that's on the new rim and call it a day.

Hopefully the shipping goes well, I'm in Canada so.

BluePill

Tire manufactures caution that putting a tube in a tubeless tire creates more heat. They say that increases the chance of tire failure.

Personally, I doubt that it would be a problem at reasonable speeds and in normal (Not very hot) weather.

xorbe

Tire manufactures caution that putting a tube in a tubeless tire creates more heat. They say that increases the chance of tire failure.
I don't know actually, how are tubed tires different than tubeless, are they like super smooth on the inside?