Rock Band and Guitar Hero??

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't find the answer in a search. I know that Guitar Hero is made by Activision and that Rock Band is Harmonix/EA Games. What I want to know is whether the peripherals are compatible?? Do the GH instruments work with the RB games and vice-versa? A friend gave me the RB1 disc, but I have no instruments and was curious if I could get GH and still have the guitar work for RB?

Thanks

N

necrotimus

No answers for this question on a motorcycle forum? LOL the answer is that for the first generation GH will work for RB (at least on xbox). There is a compatability chart out on the rest of the internet so you may want to search there instead of the FZ6 forum.

Well according to my kids they have it for Wii and they are compatible.

B

Bates121

They are compatible in fact the latest generation of guitar hero guitars are supposed to work better for rock band then the rock band ones

B

BobSchmickle

we have both for ps3. the gh3 guitar didn't work with rb. the ghwt guitar works. i don't see how the drums would be compatible. rb has 4 drums and a kick. ghwt has 3 drums, 2 symbols, and a kick. i'll have to check it out when i get home and give an update. we also picked up 2 generic ones that have a switch to work with ALL of the games. Walmart.com: Nyko FrontMan Wireless Guitar (PS3): Accessories we got them for 6.95 from amazon though.