Riding the Parkway

Szajko

This weekend, I rode "The Dragon" (my bike) up on the parkway in Asheville for 100+ miles and I had a blast! I strongly encourage anyone near the parkway to ride on it!

Here are a some pictures I took along the way. I also passed my 1k mile too!

Attachments

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Szajko

They really do look amazing in person but at least the good ole iPhone can take some good pics!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Skidro

The Dragon is a good ride, but has too many people riding or driving it on the weekend, and it has become very commercialized.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is always a Great ride, that is our road of choice for our weekend riding & camping out. We always hit the Cherohala Skyway and a few other off the beaten path roads, with plenty of twisties that you can actually turn the throttle without worrying about cops or crazies that just want to get their picture taken.

It is great to have all the Ga. Tn. N.C. mountains in your backyard to ride.

Szajko

Very cool... its an amazing place.. i was there last year and I swear its the best ride i ever had. Where are you in Charlotte? Me and my wife just moved here from MD. I think we can meetup and ride some evening!
I am in the University Area, but I'm glad that there is someone from the forums now in Charlotte! We should definitely ride sometime soon. Still riding around looking for side roads...

Szajko

The Dragon is a good ride, but has too many people riding or driving it on the weekend, and it has become very commercialized.
I actually haven't ridden the Dragon yet, but I am planning on it here in the near future.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Gixerhp

The Dragon is a great place to go to, but as others have said, its crazy on the weekends.
However, if you can get there early in the week, the place is much better, and as the week goes on, ride the other awesome roads in the area!
I have going there for 6 years, twice a year, and you will never be bored with the scenery!

jay

I've been dreaming of running The Dragon ever since I heard about it, a few years ago. One of these days I'm going to get the money together for a long weekend, and head up there.
a friend of mine from the gym rents his vacation house that is 15 mins from the deals gap. He told me it's big enough for 10 to 12 ppl. I say let's plan a meetup and we all can ride the dragon.
he charges about $500/week-end or $800/week.
I will ask him for the pics of the place.

It can be our annual fz6r summit at the dragon!

Any thoughts?

Fizzer6R

that's a good idea.

for me, it's one of those do it so you can say you've been... and like said, i much more enjoyed the roads around the dragon instead of the dragon itself.

have you guys heard of or rode the Snake in Shady Valley, Tn? likewise, the roads to and from there are great.

for the guys in charlotte - have you tried Hwy 181 yet? it's more long sweepers than tight twisties like dragon