riding in the rain?

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Fenixgoon

crap that reminds me, if i want to ride into work tomorrow i gotta clean the chain! time to suit up for a short ride :p

nathanking

I don't know how much rain you get in FL, but if I don't ride in the rain, I can't get much riding time here in WA state.
The most dangerous time is the first 30 minutes of a downpour, because it takes that long for the rain to wash some of the oiliness off the roadway.
Yes you have to ride a little differently, and less aggressively in the rain, but with the proper gear, and a little more caution it can actually be enjoyable.
I have to lube my chain a little more often and have to wash the bike more often, but I love to ride and not riding at all because of a little rain is worse than just dealing with it.

I actually took my MSF in the pouring down rain, and fishtailed on an emergency stop LOL... all the instructor said was "good save", but it was fun!
SAME HERE! Took my msf class in the rain out at the boeing field

erionalite

get a raining one piece suite.
motorcycle super store sells rav'it it is really nice, have friends that have it. They get to wear their meshed gear and when it rains, they have the suite.

stormbringer

Its a real bad day here in East London, pooring.
I've gota ride home in it,its ok and make you a better rider ,done track days in the rain.You lear a lot mire controil when its wet.
Just buy a good quality Gortex suit ,boots and gloves also a helmet with a Pinlock visor insert.
And Dunlop Sportsmax Roadsmart tyres which grip very well wet and dry.
John

tobymax

I like the rain

I would say i love the rain but there is always some idiot car driver that -almost- ruins it for me. There is always the person that doesnt see you, hear you...or just doesn't care about other people -also- being on the road. Nope, it is raining so they are now going to drive on two lanes, the left ones, really slow...and oh sure, if they have to take an exit, they will go from all the way on the left to all the way to the right almost on top of the exit...and no blinker or anything to boot. Other than that i love the rain...i dont even have rain gear. While doing the msf it rained, that was a litle scary but fun. Then on my second day of riding it rained on me out of nowhere and it just really followed me, so i went from being freaked out to really enjoying the ride. I'm always thinking about getting some rain gear...but as long as im only getting wet and not wet and cold i think im going to keep enjoying the rain. I did like the look of Tour Master Elite II One Piece Rain Suit :: MotorcycleGear.com
What im thinking of doing is adding two strobe lights to my bike (one in the front one in the back). Not be ran constantly just when it is raining so the idiots can see me from all angles. :cool:

keithsworlds

I bought a rain suit and have rode in the rain many times, its not bad just gotta be on the look out that everyone else knows your there. The problem is the bike is quiet with stock exhaust so i keep my thumb hovered over the horn just in case ;)

Deanohh

My purpose for buying the FZ6R was intentionally to use it as a "rain-mobile" last winter. It served its purpose well.