Ride in the Alps this past weekend w/ Pics

motoguy82

Here was the general route.

germany: garmisch, ohlstadt, kochel, wallgau

austria: leutasch, sagl, obsteig, tarrenz, teilwiesen, pfafflar, habichegg, reutte, lermoos

germany: garmisch

Too lazy to put up a map, but you can see it on Google Maps. Best road was the road with pfafflar on it in Austria. I'll definitely have to go back down there, but now I'm needing new tires (lot of autobahn getting down there has made a nice flat spot in the center front and back).

Removed my plates/face...maybe I'm paranoid...I'm sure everyone will get over it. :america: :germany:

Attachments

meganiimarie

Looks like an awesome ride!

Maybe next summer I'll have time to make it up that way :)

BKP

Wow... beautiful panoramas... I'll bet you were grinning under that lid, while you rode...

Looks like a great trip! I was stationed in Ramstein for 6 years...made almost that same trip a few times. Did you get to see the Zugspitze?

Also, what are you using on your handlebars for your GPS???

motoguy82

Snowboarded on the zugspitze and down in Austria a few times. Unfortunately every time on the zugspitze the top was in the clouds.

The gps holder is the cheapest generic thing I could find at media markt. Works fine for me and cost like 25 euro.

Snowboarded on the zugspitze and down in Austria a few times. Unfortunately every time on the zugspitze the top was in the clouds.

The gps holder is the cheapest generic thing I could find at media markt. Works fine for me and cost like 25 euro.
Figures...That, Saturn, and Lidl were my favorite stores. Time to hit up the wife's family. Would you mind sending a picture? I haven't been able to find anything decent here.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

BoneJj

screw you and your beautiful scenery and places to ride in.....

LOL, kidding, but yeah, nice spots man.

motoguy82

Figures...That, Saturn, and Lidl were my favorite stores. Time to hit up the wife's family. Would you mind sending a picture? I haven't been able to find anything decent here.
You're in luck, found the box in the garage. Hama! cheap stuff that always seems to work okay for me. This one has a 4x AA battery pack that will run the gps if you need it, but I don't use it since I wired in a cigarette lighter outlet. Let me know if you want pictures of it mounted.

Attachments

Last edited:

Great...just sent a whatsapp message to my sister in law.thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2