Ride for Dad

Insure Gal

So yesterday we had the 4th annual Avalon Chapter Ride for Dad, (don't know if you guys have this in the states but it's done right across Canada)
to raise awareness and funds for Prostrate Cancer research.

home

HOLY BIKES BAT MAN,

Over 700 registered participants this year!!! Topping last year's record 647!
They raised $60,000 in pledges alone yesterday - not including the registration fee.

Well what a day!!!! Started out cold but warmed up slightly as the day wore on. (Except for the gale forced winds that insisted on trying to blow my bike off the road on the entire highway leg of the run, muscles are sore today - I feel like I've been wresteling an elephant!)

For a large ride it was EXCEPTIONALLY well organized not one mishap, the local police force enlisted their rookies to help herd the bikes and bikers at registration (the parking lot was blocked mirror to mirror) as well they and a couple of local bike organizations provided blocking for the city part of the parade.

And wouldn't you know it Stupid me forgot to take my camera so Sorry folks no pics except for these couple from last year

Any ways that was my day Yesterday,.

Happy Father's Dad to all you Dads out there and don't forget to get your "bottom line" checked, it could save your life!