Review of cheap eBay flush mount turn signals

Harda toenail

This is a short review of these turn signals:
Flush Mount LED Turn Signals YAMAHA R1 R6 R6S FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

For $13, you get the signals with wire connectors already attached to the wire, a mounting washer and a mounting plastic nut.

For install, I removed the fairings then removed the stock turn signals. I cut the wires just before the connector on the old signals so I could use the same connector to attach the flush mounts while taking fairings on/off. Just expose some wire ON the two wires (tape the End of the blue wire as it is for the constant light). Attach black to black and red to the remaining wire. Remove the washer and nut, slide the wire through the fairing, then slide the washer and nut over the wire and tighten. I snugged mine and added one (1) drop of superglue so it won't come lose without some force. Reconnect the plastic connectors and put your fairing back on.

Because the blue wire is not connected, your bike will think the blinkers are dead. Therefore, they flash twice as fast. You can use a rely if it is a big deal to you, but I just live with it.

As for visibility, in sunlight, they are hard to see. In shade and especially at night, they are very bright.

Cosmetically, they look great. They fit nicely and are hardly noticed from a few feet away. It makes the star on my yellow 6r much more slick.

I had these from my old fz1 (that they didn't fit) so I grabbed them from the basement and decided to see if I'd like them. I do and I recommend them if you don't like the look of the stock tuen signals. I'm not sure of their legality but theY can be seen from the front. My state does not require turn signals on a motorcycle anyways but others are more strict.

I've never used aftermarket turn signals until these and I don't know what other companies would do to make theirs better as these are small and functional and only $13 shipped to the states.

Now quit reading and start riding!

ChUcK

Because the blue wire is not connected, your bike will think the blinkers are dead. Therefore, they flash twice as fast. You can use a rely if it is a big deal to you, but I just live with it.
I don't mean to be Mary Contrary, but this is not why turn signals blink twice as fast. I have aftermarket signals, the blue wire is capped off, and my blinkers are just fine.

The problem is the LEDs draw so little current that the bike thinks the blinkers are dead.

CrazyCawi

This is a short review of these turn signals:
Flush Mount LED Turn Signals YAMAHA R1 R6 R6S FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

For $13, you get the signals with wire connectors already attached to the wire, a mounting washer and a mounting plastic nut.

For install, I removed the fairings then removed the stock turn signals. I cut the wires just before the connector on the old signals so I could use the same connector to attach the flush mounts while taking fairings on/off. Just expose some wire ON the two wires (tape the End of the blue wire as it is for the constant light). Attach black to black and red to the remaining wire. Remove the washer and nut, slide the wire through the fairing, then slide the washer and nut over the wire and tighten. I snugged mine and added one (1) drop of superglue so it won't come lose without some force. Reconnect the plastic connectors and put your fairing back on.

As for visibility, in sunlight, they are hard to see. In shade and especially at night, they are very bright.

Cosmetically, they look great. They fit nicely and are hardly noticed from a few feet away. It makes the star on my yellow 6r much more slick.

I had these from my old fz1 (that they didn't fit) so I grabbed them from the basement and decided to see if I'd like them. I do and I recommend them if you don't like the look of the stock tuen signals. I'm not sure of their legality but theY can be seen from the front. My state does not require turn signals on a motorcycle anyways but others are more strict.

I've never used aftermarket turn signals until these and I don't know what other companies would do to make theirs better as these are small and functional and only $13 shipped to the states.

Now quit reading and start riding!

:needpics:

Sorry I had too

I don't mean to be Mary Contrary,

But you are Blanch! You are!
I didn't know bikes could think #1.
#2. Instead of being cheap,
buy a DUAL LOAD EQUALIZER!!
Furthermore, take your birth control,
and notice that Cautious_Corner
hardly notices that everybody and
their Momma do in fact notice when
your blinkers are out of sync.
ChUck, take it to the shop,
apply your brain a little more in
regards to mods that make you
stand out. Must not look effeminate :thumbup:

ChUcK

But you are Blanch! You are!
I didn't know bikes could think #1.
#2. Instead of being cheap,
buy a DUAL LOAD EQUALIZER!!
Furthermore, take your birth control,
and notice that Cautious_Corner
hardly notices that everybody and
their Momma do in fact notice when
your blinkers are out of sync.
ChUck, take it to the shop,
apply your brain a little more in
regards to mods that make you
stand out. Must not look effeminate :thumbup:
Nah dog, my turn signals work perfectly. Whose bike are you talking about? Nice Golden Girls reference though. Just to be picky, it's Blanche. Blanch (with no e) is what you do to food.

You're getting deep into some Isaac Asimov type robot philosophy here. I'll skip the roundabout and say you're right, the bike doesn't "think", but it certainly is programmed to sense the current draw of the turn signals and if it falls below the programmed value, then the relay doubles the blink speed, which is the indicator of a blown turn signal. This is pretty standard, dude. Has been for a long time, in both cages and bikes. This may not be the exact technical explanation, but it certainly is a correct observation.

Harda toenail

Let's just say if you are cool with your lights blinking fast, spend $13. If you want normal blink speed, spend a lot more. Everyone be happy

Let's just say if you are cool with your lights blinking fast, spend $13. If you want normal blink speed, spend a lot more. Everyone be happy

Imagine the perfect bike.
With all the best mods you can get,
Like an Expensive integrated tail light,
Expensive flush mounts and fender eliminator,
Every possible aftermarket part you can put on is so,
Then you see that the blinkers are out of sync.
Wouldn't you think why didn't the rider buy relays
to go along with the lights that were put on?
You don't consider that like doing half the job?

Sage

Mine don't blink out of sync, but really I wouldn't care if they did, they are they to show im turning, not to make a uniformly sexy blink.

ChUcK

I was unaware that it was even possible for the blinkers to be out of sync. I'm throwing the BS flag at that one.