Reversing Handlebars

buzzbomb

Elite Member

arkkornkid

This thread should help.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/adjusting-handlebar-position-15761/

It's not difficult. Go from under the front of the bike to loosen (not remove) the nuts holding the risers to the triple clamps. then come back up top and remove the four bolts and the tops of the risers. Lift the bars out of the way, turn the risers 180 degrees, replace the handlebars and spin the risers tops so the arrows point the opposite direction of what they were and snug them back down. Then go back under and tighten down the risers to the triples. Last thing is to adjust the handlebar height to your preference and maybe have to adjust the controls a little depending on overall positition.

Sander Koop

Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

FZ6R_Mike

Bars need drilled? I didn't have to drill my new bars when I put them on

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

wtnotch

I'm with Martin on this one - I always just cut the nipple off. I've probably done this on over 10-15 bikes with up to 60K miles and no problems of any kind.

Plus, I kind of like to be able to set the controls to the position that I like rather than let the bar position decide it for me.

Russ

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

KeysRider3

The only difficult part of changing the handlebar position is getting the handlebar riser nuts loose. They're on tight (a good thing), and getting a socket on them without taking off the cowls isn't easy, because getting a straight shot at the nuts from the fender/wheel area is almost impossible. I used a flex-joint socket and a 12 inch extension. You'll need to re-position the clutch and front brake lever/master cylinder before tightening things up, and if you pitch the bar ends "down" make sure you leave enough room between the grip and tank for your hands to be in a normal position. If you change the position of the clutch lever enough you'll also need to rotate the grip on the clutch side so the recess in the grip clamp will allow the lever to fully compress. You'll also notice that if you rotate the risers forward you'll need to put the top clamp on with the arrows pointed toward the rider (instead of toward the instrument cluster) or the clamp will not tighten properly.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Chucker

Anyone have a picture of the completed procedure?
I believe you can search for an FZ1 bars thread and you'll see them in the forward position. I've moved mine forward, but I've also got the FZ1 bars. Not sure that's going to give you what youre looking for.