Rev Limiter...

Craxican

Has anyone tried to ad a rev limiter on their bikes? I'm gonna be doing some big mods here in a few months and was wondering if this was something to look into...

demon408

why

why would u want to ad one?

porky45

Ya... you would want to remove one (if our bikes even have one)...i think we just have a governor though?

cbzdel

Whats considered a "big mod" which would require a rev limiter?

R6 cam? Port and Polish? R6 Big Bore Kit? :D

There is really nothing you can do to our bikes that would require one..

Our bikes are sissyed out haha.. Looks at the bikes that kit like 20k redline, I have a feeling 12k is really not pushing our engines as much as we think..

Craxican

a rev limiter allows you to move the redline further up (for those who were wondering why I was looking at adding one)...and as far as big mods...well I'm welding a Leo exhaust...and fabbing a turbo...

our bikes are tuned for low-mid range performance, which is why we are able to keep up with some of the bigger bikes up to about 100-120; my turbo is gonna be made to kick in late so once that initial engine boost is gone, the turbo shoves it back up...adding approximately 60hp to the rear; which is why I would need a rev limiter

porky45

ah... I was thinking a limiter in the sense or a car...like when you redline in a car usually there is a limiter that kicks you bakc.

fstrthan_uthink

The stock ECU has a rev limiter at a certain RPM (pretty much every electronic-FI bike does nowadays). I'd imagine something like a power commander (or maybe even a custom application since you're going boosted) would allow you to set that RPM higher. I think that's what you're trying to do? You want it to hit the rev-limiter, just at a few thousand RPMs higher, right?

Craxican

Yea, thats right...I know the ECU can be adjusted and what not...in fact Im gonna have to adjust it, but I just dont know if it will be enough

cbzdel

Oh ok I get what you were saying now..

I thought you were comming off such as something like I am gonna add a TB Exhaust and I am worried my bike will be to fast after the mod so I want to use a rev-limiter to slow it down.. hahah thats what I thought, never know there are some silly noobs but you seem to know what up!