Retro Fit Kit DIY

CrazyCawi

Cavcuz I repped u :)

BoneJj

Actually member iSpoolin will do this for you if you send it to him. Of course that means you won't be able to ride for a while.
I'd offer to do it but it would be the same situation if not more so. I've done a number of retros myself but I prefer to have a bike in front of me to be able to line things up properly with and get it adjusted as close to where it should be fore turning it over to the end user.

JasonYeh

Part #2:
So... I finally decided to fix a few things (forced fixed because I was an idiot and didn't tighten my ballast enough to the original position... It fell off when I parked it today :banghead:). Reopened the housing, SILICONED the shroud (it won't stay on without it), snipped the alignment tabs and aligned by eye. Also changed the location of the ballast (either one works fine, I prefer my new location, but it's close-ish to the forks [but doesn't interfere with them]).

Hopefully this is the last time that I'll be working on this mod, but I'm incredibly pleased with the end-result now.

So, final list of "tips" to follow when working on the housing:
* Snip the alignment ring's tabs and align it by eye.
* Silicone the shroud!
* Silicone the housing, WELL. The first time I ended up with fog. This time it should be alright, but we'll see.
* The unit (projector, light, etc) holds up in the oven no problem! I've heated to open and close it twice now without an issue.

Thanks again cavcuz05! I couldn't have done this without you, and now it all feels like second-nature.
Hey Chewmieser

I wonder which tyoe if Silicone adhesive you used?

is it the one that i can find in Home Depot? (silicone plastic?)

or I should get something else?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cavcuz05

Okay, just wondering. You would be able to get a head start if you didn't plan on riding. Taking your time to make sure that you don't make any mistakes. Looking forward to how it looks.
You follow this DIY and you will be golden...i tried to make this as easy and not scary for Noob Tinker'ers.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Thought id post updated pic of my light. I took it apart a few weeks ago and repainted the shroud to match the bike. Looks much better than the orange it was before.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

12fz6rblack

Of course you have the patience to do it. I am always for hire!!!
I know this is an old thread but I'm in the same boat of wanting to do this mod but I'm not a very patient person either and would consider paying somebody to do it too bad you don't live closer

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

bobby bo bonsin

Hey mngreg if i were you id just get some krylon fusion in a blue that looks close to your paint and use that. Im sure the color would be close enough as it doesnt have to be exact being the color will be behind a headlight lense. Even if you got the color rite it probably wouldnt match perfect either. Just a thought. Good luck with the project!

Hello my real name is Adam.