removing graphics

bankmaggot

Two questions.

I thought I read in one thread that you couldn't remove the graphics from these bikes? This particular thread was discussing the pink graphics from the white bike. However, after looking at some of the photos to decide which bike I want, blue or yellow. I notice there are a few white bikes with the graphics partially and completely removed. I ask cos I may consider a USED white bike but the wheels has been powder coated PINK. If I go buy this bike, I would have to powder coat the wheels to white or gold. Can anyone tell me how much this usually cost to powder coat wheels?

dolfan

I removed my graphics 2 weeks after I bought the bike. It was extremely easy, since the bike had been sitting in the sun all day. You just have to be very patient and pull slowly, if need be use hair dryer to soften the adhesive. After you will need to use adhesive remover to get the surface clean. Make sure to put a new coat of polish on the paint afterwards. As far as powder coating, I priced my project bike (1986 FZ600S) wheels to get powder coated yellow at a local place, they quoted me $175.00 per wheel. You may want to get a few quotes and reputation of the place is important. I hope this helps good luck.:thumbup:

Roaddawg

On the white 2009 model only, the gas tank graphics are clear coated into the paint, so you can't remove them. You'd have to paint over them. The fairing decals can peel off though. As far as powder coating goes...don't know.

arkkornkid

for cheap powdercoating: find a tire shop that mostly deals with 18-wheelers. A good one refurbishes wheels, and if you're just wanting a basic color (black, white, grey) then they might just throw yours in the mix for next to nothing.

My boss had two 15" trailer rims done for $65 and were ready the next day. *edit* these were steel rims ... might wan't to make sure they know yours are aluminum. Different heat cycles, and so you wouldn't want to ruin your wheels.

Last edited: