Recommended Gear For Motorcycle

JPaul

I was searching around and find that few of the biker's love to wear jackets, few recommended motorcycle suits. What kind of gear you prefer to wear for the high level of safety.

Last edited:

pkoko

Gear is very essential to safe riding a motorcycle

On minimum I wear the following:
1- Full Face Helmet
2- Gloves
3- Jacket
4- Boots
5- Jeans or other full length pants

When I go corner carving or long rides, I switch the boots/pants with REAL motorcycle boots & pants.

katai

Here in my country accidents are really a thing daily . Never leave home without my :
elbow/back/shoulder protector jacket ( dont care if it is hot day )
full face helmet ( sometimes y change my MT full face for my Shark raw )
Knukle protector gloves

lytehouse

Super Moderator
Remember: Dress for a crash, not the ride!

Full faced helmet, protective jacket & pants, gloves, and boots (something up over the ankles)

And JPaul.....:welcome: aboard!

lark

All gear all the time right? :) As a lady, I am a little disappointed that I have a giant scar on my kneecap, since I was just wearing a pair of leggings under regular jeans (it was chilly) when I laid my first bike down. I was wearing full gloves (still got part of the back of my hand scraped off), full face helmet, armored jacket, the leggings and jeans, and steel toed boots. I walked off the road to the median, ok limped. If I had been wearing motorcycle jeans I may have come out of it scott free. I have some Speed and Strength Motorcycle shoes (ladies, wicked garden style) that I absolutely love, and a pair of jeans by them with full knee armor. I only wear my italian boots when I feel fancy. They fit weird. IDK american feet I guess?

RoadTrip

I was searching around and find that few of the biker's love to wear jackets, few recommended motorcycle suits. What kind of gear you prefer to wear for the high level of safety.
I finally ordered a full on race suit this year for street riding because they are supposed to be the safest option, the fit was awesome and having continuous leather top to bottom seemed great. Alas, I ended up sending it back, when I realized that taking a piss would be a real chore, and even walking into a convenient store to do so would entail stares of shock.

I can tolerate my leather pant and jacket combo up to 90F, then I have to resort to mesh above 90F. I really don't trust the mesh, but its better than nothing. If you can keep your rides under 90F then definitely invest in some good leather gear (perforated).

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

RoadTrip

I live in SC. I ride year round. I am also ATGATT. It gets really hot here, and really cold, to me.

All my gear is perforated except my helmet and heated winter gloves. I'm good down to about 38 degrees F, but I've got to layer underneath my gear.

CycleGear FreezeOut made a big difference in the temperature range I could ride on my 20 minute commute. Heated gloves made a HUGE difference.

I'm nicknamed "Darth Vader" at work because of my gear. I'm not sporting a racing suit. Most of my stuff is perforated ballistic textile. Yes, I do get "looks." Sometimes it's the WTF look.

Then it's the "that's different, haven't seen that before" look.

However... I get a lot of "That's a bad-*** Son Of a *****" look. More than any other, that's the look I get.

Honestly, I don't really care. They can scoff or they can admire. I've been DOWN on a motorcycle one too many times. My gear is a compromise between a leather racing suit and personal comfort.

I feel it will protect me in a down, and whatever they think, they can suck my ***!
I agree with the stares point, I guess I could live with that (already do to some degree), but to take a piss means you have to unzip the suit and pull it off the shoulders and pull the whole top nearly down to your knees while holding the sleeves to keep them from dragging on a urine soaked floor. Guess I thought I could just unzip and whip, but now I see what others were talking about, you really are trapped in there and getting out is not easy. I really loved that suit, though, but had to let it go for that reason.

Alex6

I agree with the stares point, I guess I could live with that (already do to some degree), but to take a piss means you have to unzip the suit and pull it off the shoulders and pull the whole top nearly down to your knees while holding the sleeves to keep them from dragging on a urine soaked floor. Guess I thought I could just unzip and whip, but now I see what others were talking about, you really are trapped in there and getting out is not easy. I really loved that suit, though, but had to let it go for that reason.
Two-piece suit will solve that. Many tracks accept these as long as they are fully attached by the 360 zipper.

RedRider

ATGATT for me. I recently switched to a 2 piece Dainese Avro suite and it's super comfortable. Since its a two piece that zips together, it can be unzipped if you have to go to the bathroom. It's also track ready when zipped together. Definitely invest in gear.