Recommendations

6R Blackout

Can anyone recommend a good brand of bluetooth headset. I am looking for something for my girlfriend and I so we can communicate while she is on her bike and I on mine. I also would like it to fit in my full face helmet. Any and all help is really appreciated. Thanks

I am looking to spend about $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

6R Blackout

No one on this "very helpful" forum can just give an opinion??? REALLY!!

BKP

I've got the Sena SMH5, and I love it (I added the larger speakers).

A few on here have the SMH10, which has a slightly longer range, and battery life (although, I've *never* run out of juice, and I've taken my 5 on a few 5 and 6 hour trips, with tunes playing through them from my phone, the entire time).

Sena is coming out with a new SMH10R, which is a low-profile unit, with a separate battery pack that mounts in the back of the helmet. Might come in handy for those even *longer* trips, when you may need to swap out the battery. The low-profile looks good, but I really like the Jog-Dial on the current 5 and 10 units. Couldn't be easier to control volume, changing songs, making calls, initiating the intercom, etc.

The SMH10 Dual pack (one for each of you) is under $300 at both RZ and MCSS.

6R Blackout

Will the SMH5 or 10 fit inside a full face helmet comfortably? I don't have a modular helmet so I need something to fit inside my helmet!

BKP

I wear it inside my Scorpion 1100, and I've had it inside my Arai Signet-Q, as well. Both full face, non-modular, with no problem. They both have depressions for the speakers (the Scorpion actually has convenient pockets), and the wiring takes up no room inside the liners.

D

Deleted member 9794

Just to give you another option, check out the UCLEAR HBC100 Products - UCLEAR - Advanced Bluetooth Communication Technologies Products

I can't speak toward it's 2-up riding capabilities, I ride solo and don't know anybody else that has one BUT it is boomless (the mics are built into the ear pieces) and that works great. I've had conversations at 65 mph and the person I was talking to had no idea I was riding BUT, the better your helmet, the better the voice quality. My HJC helmet was a little on the loose side and had wind noise verses my AGV is snug and relatively quiet so it does a much better job.

Also, it allows you to listen to music or navigational instructions via bluetooth.

BoneJj

http://bit.ly/RXp225

The HBC100 is also one of the cheapest units on the market. I've not tried them out myself but they are supposed to be on par with a lot of other higher priced units.

SAFE-T

Check out Torc helmets ~ we are going to put some of our christmas money towards a set :)

Can't find too much information about them on this forum but at least one member has one with built-in bluetooth communicators and really likes it.

BoneJj

I've got the Sena SMH5, and I love it (I added the larger speakers).

A few on here have the SMH10, which has a slightly longer range, and battery life (although, I've *never* run out of juice, and I've taken my 5 on a few 5 and 6 hour trips, with tunes playing through them from my phone, the entire time).

Sena is coming out with a new SMH10R, which is a low-profile unit, with a separate battery pack that mounts in the back of the helmet. Might come in handy for those even *longer* trips, when you may need to swap out the battery. The low-profile looks good, but I really like the Jog-Dial on the current 5 and 10 units. Couldn't be easier to control volume, changing songs, making calls, initiating the intercom, etc.

The SMH10 Dual pack (one for each of you) is under $300 at both RZ and MCSS.

I've looked at the Sena models in the past and they are pretty decent but I've also seen a number of reviews saying that they didn't work that well with all android phones and some Bluetooth features don't work too well either.

Sena SMH10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset/Intercom with Universal Microphone Kit A pricey unit but it seems the price has come down a good bit.

Also I find it odd that the sena bluetooth website is not functioning. That's tossing a red flag to me. Site Unavailable

BKP

I can only speak from personal experience. My Sena SMH5 has performed flawlessly. The one time I had an issue with a firmware upgrade, support was phenomenal.

I'll be buying another, probably an SMH10-11, mainly because I switch off helmets. Could just buy the clamp kit, and swap the unit, but I sometimes ride 2 up, and it would be nice to be able to communicate during the ride.

You can probably find negative reviews about any of the top brands -- there's always going to be issues here and there. You have to look at what the overwhelming majority have to say.

As for the web site, the Amazon cloud has been brought down three times this year... A down site isn't indicative of anything... Unless it doesn't come back up, of course...

priotiynapkin

My dad, brother and I use the Uclear HBC200. they fit all of our helmets and the intercom is nice for when we ride together. when I listen to music on my commute it sounds best with earplugs in. the buttons are easy to use with gloves on and they look great on our helmets, and the battery (seemingly) lasts forever, and when it finally craps out its just a USB cable to charge it. there's also a nice feature for answering an incoming call, you can just say "pick up" and it will.

sometimes hooking it up with more than two people can be a bother to pair them all in order, but no complaints other than that. great units, a bit pricey, but they do come in 2 packs.

6R Blackout

I used the search from my phone and it didnt come up with anything. I may not have typed it correctly, but by using my phone I am limited. Also the reason I am not on my regular computer is because it broke and I cannot afford to get a new one at this time.

That is why I started a new thread.