Need Help Recommendations for bike accessories and security, etc.

Ocelot

I'm a new rider with a 2012 FZ6R. Learning from zero on everything about owning a motorcycle. Looking to see already proven products for the type of bike from experienced riders. Please post your recommendation links for all the extra accessories that fit your well and work well. ie. locks, covers, phone holders, mirrors, pegs, bags, comfortable seats, windshields, bike protection, extras for the bike? Much appreciated!

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Congrats on the new ride!

Sorry, I don't have the time to look up all the links, but here are the mods I've done to my 2014 FZ6R:
Spiegler stainless steel brake lines (significantly improved braking response)
Yamaha OEM Center Stand (you have to buy the kit through a Canadian Yamaha dealer)
Traxxion Dynamics front fork rebuild
Penske rear shock
Leo Vince full exhaust system (underbody style like OEM)
DynoJet Power Commander V
HealTech gear indicator
Luimoto seat cover
Puig fender eliminator kit
Puig rear mudguard (it's like a tire hugger)
FZ6R logo tank pad

Feel free to let me know if you have questions.

Ocelot

Sorry, I don't have the time to look up all the links, but here are the mods I've done to my 2014 FZ6R:
Yamaha OEM Center Stand (you have to buy the kit through a Canadian Yamaha dealer)
Penske rear shock
HealTech gear indicator
Luimoto seat cover
FZ6R logo tank pad

Thanks Steelrider! that's an awesome list. I had no idea I could get a gear gauge! game changer.

speed19

Penske rear shock
HealTech gear indicator
Luimoto seat cover
FZ6R logo tank pad

nice set up, can you post pics of your bike sound like you spent alot. would like to see the front forks and rear shock upgrade you did

Fabes_movin

I'm a new rider with a 2012 FZ6R. Learning from zero on everything about owning a motorcycle. Looking to see already proven products for the type of bike from experienced riders. Please post your recommendation links for all the extra accessories that fit your well and work well. ie. locks, covers, phone holders, mirrors, pegs, bags, comfortable seats, windshields, bike protection, extras for the bike? Much appreciated!
Puig touring windscreen
Grand pitstop
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Wheel-cleaning-stand-Replacement/dp/B075N73R26

Thanks Steelrider! that's an awesome list. I had no idea I could get a gear gauge! game changer.
Here's a pic of the gear indicator so you can see where I installed it. It's not a very good pic because it's in 1st gear but the indicator looks like other numbers are showing up. It doesn't look that way in natural light. I will say that I love the gear indicator but not everyone likes the way it works. The problem some have with it is the gear number is only displayed when the clutch is engaged. In other words, if you pull the clutch lever in, the display just shows a horizontal line and not a number.

Attachments

Partycones

Here's a pic of the gear indicator so you can see where I installed it. It's not a very good pic because it's in 1st gear but the indicator looks like other numbers are showing up. It doesn't look that way in natural light. I will say that I love the gear indicator but not everyone likes the way it works. The problem some have with it is the gear number is only displayed when the clutch is engaged. In other words, if you pull the clutch lever in, the display just shows a horizontal line and not a number.
I have the same indicator on mine and it’s amazing, I love it. A very very good “mod”