Recommendation on helmet @ 3lbs or less.

Sirnice

Most helmets I've looked at and tried are around 3.6lbs and up.
I'm trying to find something a little lighter so it's more comfortable for long trips.

Any recommendations?

Sirnice

Well, it doesn't have to be under 3lbs. Just something lighter than the typical 3.5 lbs helmets. The Nexx XR1R carbon looks like a good helmet but $600 is a little much.
Thanks for the chart Dart (pun intended :)). I have and RF1000 as well, also no complaints. It looks like finding an under 3 pound helmet is going to be a challenge for the OP.

raven6

Most helmets I've looked at and tried are around 3.6lbs and up.
I'm trying to find something a little lighter so it's more comfortable for long trips.

Any recommendations?
I have one of these as a back up helmet to my Arai's... nice and light, good air-flow... Price is $359-$399 ON THE WEB

HJC RPS-10

•Advanced P.I.M. (Premium Integrated Matrix) Fiberglass Shell

◦Super lightweight shell is designed for superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology

•Max Airflow Top Vent

◦6-Stage variable airflow is adjusted by glove-friendly dials on each intake vent

•ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System

◦Full front-to-back airflow flushes heat and humidity out of the interior

•SilverCool Plus Interior

◦Soft, moisture-wicking and odor-free interior with Ginko Extract and advanced silver antibacterial fabric.
◦Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable
◦Built-In Communication Speaker Pockets;

•Rapidfire Shield Replacement System

◦Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal and installation for efficient operation

•Optically Superior Pinlock Prepared 2D Flat Racing Shield

◦Clear Pinlock Lens Included
◦Innovative center one-touch open/close locking system is designed for an extremely secure seal

•SNELL M2010, DOT Approved
•3.39 lbs / 1,540 grams (approx, based on Size Medium Solid Color)

Last edited:

Detrich

i have an AGV GP-tech that was $475... it's light as a feather, but noisy as heck. u can go try those on and see if u like it. sizing & shape is very similar to HJC