recent spill:(

arcflash316

Monday while I was riding home to eat lunch I took a spill and my frame sliders saved the day..... I have to take a left turn onto a street that has semi trucks parked blocking the view of traffic coming from the right...It's a "T" intersection with only a stop sign in my direction and the cars traveling by have no stop... I could not see if any cars were coming because of the semi truck blocking my view, so I had to inch out into the road to be able to get a clear view.... as I did I saw a car coming from my right side traveling @ 60+ mph and I was in a position where I was too far in the road to stay where I was so I either sat still and risked getting nailed, so my intention was to cross the road completely and ride next to the curb across the intersection and wait until the speeding car passed me and then proceed behind them.......

What happened next scared me $H!TL355!!!!

I was on top of a manhole cover and when I blipped the throttle to get across my rear wheel spun out and shot me off the bike and the bike begun spinning on the left frame slider like a top...meanwhile I was sliding on my left hip and ankle in the middle of the road like a batter sliding into home!!!

To my surprise the A$$H0L3 just swerved around me and never slowed down....
Several cars however did stop to see if I was ok and I was, my hip and ankle are a bit bruised along with my ego, as for the FZ the bars got bent a bit, pegs, clutch, and shift lever, but nothing I couldn't fix by the end of the day so I could ride home.....

So beware of those damn manhole covers and especially speeding cars on blind intersections:banghead::banghead:

amirw

thank god you are alive

This is scare me shit. Intersections are much more danger for us then the freeway.
I am glad you are ok man.
How much it cost you to fix the FZ?

Craxican

glad to hear you are okay man:wav:

just think though, if this is the worst that ever happens then you are blessed

arcflash316

true.... it could have so much worse, like if the speeder didn't see me as I was sliding across the ground I could have been run over!!! At least he swerved, I guess....

For fixing it I just tweakes the bars back into place, bent the clutch back too, as for the peg I am a welder so I was able to weld a bit of Aluminum onto the part of the peg that got ground down and also had to do a little tweaking to that too, but It was no money out of pocket for repairs except a left side frame slider that I already had on hand....