rear wheel stands-SPOOLS OR NO SPOOLS

ngengs

Hi dudes and dudettes,

Can rear stands with spools be used on this bike? I did not notice a hole for them when I was at the dealer's last week. Thanks in advance.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

RoadTrip

you don't need spools to lift a bike, most stands come with adaptors that can raise on spools, or raise from under swingarm, I don't use spools, bike is plenty secure lifting without them

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

6R Blackout

I have a set of T-Rex and the front is a triple stand with the option of using the forks, the rear stands use the swingarm they are for our bike but being we have a box swing arm, I learned that if you have the front to high the back will slide and talking from experience it's scary when you think everything is good and all of a sudden your bike shifts an you literally shit all at the same time! It happened to me and I was by myself and I had a really tough time getting the bike stable without dropping the whole thing! So in my opinion I wouldn't mind spools, seems they would be more secure even if your bike is not level!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

RoadTrip

Okay, well I never had that sliding experience, I guess if I had I would be a spool guy as well. I have the Vortex rear stand and it uses rubber coated tabs for the under swingarm adaptors, never had a sliding problem with those.

oldtouring b

Chain lubing?

If your main purpose is lubing the chain then take a look at the Harbor Freight Aluminum wheel cleaning device. I have one and it works great. Right now they are $21.

richierich781

If your main purpose is lubing the chain then take a look at the Harbor Freight Aluminum wheel cleaning device. I have one and it works great. Right now they are $21.
is this the ramp looking thing with rollers on them?

Roaddawg

I've had the HF stand for 3 years now. It works fine on the rear. But, the few times I've used the front fork adapters, I strap the triple trees/front up to the rafters in the garage for extra security (like reverse jack stands), since the forks seem to like to come off the stand.

Invader Jim

Anyone used these? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Bike-Stand-Front-Swingarm/dp/B00340NKLE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS?ie=UTF8&coliid=I216LYOIZUL945&colid=2W778CXJLOWUE]Amazon.com: New Motorcycle Bike Stand Front & Rear Swingarm Lift Set: Automotive[/ame]

New Motorcycle Bike Stand Front & Rear Swingarm Lift Set
by Sky Enterprise USA

spider2k

Elite Member

BKP

I use a pit bull stand with no spools and its very solid.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jqtfq4
Pitbull is excellent, and probably the only stand I'd trust without spools.

That being said, I currently own a CBR, and will be adding an FZ6r shortly (just joined this forum). The T-Rex spools for my CBR are the same, I believe, for the FZ6r (the install instructions that came with them, actually were FOR the FZ6r), and I do find the bike, IMHO, to be *much* more stable with the spools, than without.
I always worry about turning around, and knocking into the bike when it's up on the stands (which is something I would definitely do). The spools won't let go. The platform supports, I'm not too sure... YMMV.

Added the T-Rex spools to the Fizzer... very similar adapters, very different install and location.
Still a believer in spools, which are rock steady, over using the platform side of the stand adapter (peace of mind for $69).

I put it up on the stand for checking fluids; cleaning/lubing the chain; changing oil; etc.:

Last edited: