Rear tire (tyre if you're American) size

Lilday

Okay so I know the standard size on the XJ6 is 160/60/17 (I assume FZ6r is exactly the same).

A friend has some part-worn tires that are 180/60/17...

Obviously this is not the standard size, and isn't ideally fitted...but have you any experience? Would it be safe?

Brock Kickass

Search is your friend. Overall, not a very good idea for several reasons outlined in detail in a few different threads. I would (and have in the past) advise against it.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

SoCal600

Okay so I know the standard size on the XJ6 is 160/60/17 (I assume FZ6r is exactly the same).

A friend has some part-worn tires that are 180/60/17...

Obviously this is not the standard size, and isn't ideally fitted...but have you any experience? Would it be safe?
yes factory tires are same size, no the 180 is NOT ment for our bikes because we have a 4.5'' rear rim width. safely we can fit 150/70R17, 160/60R17 170/60R17 those are all acceptable to fit on our rims safely. the 180 width tires are fitted usually on a 5'' 5.25'' or a 5.50'' rim, will the the 180 fit ? YES :) i have use a 180/55/R17 one time it was a BT-021 i got for free. the rear of the bike sat up higher and tire side walls stuck out farther because of the wider tire. being safe ? i rode with it on but that doesnt make it ok, as long as you dont ride a passenger, throw a knee down in the corners i think its not recommended but do what u gotta do. i kept my pressure at 38 psi in the rear for the 180 tire