rear swing arm stand for $24.99

darksidefz6r

Just wanted to let everyone know harbor freight has their rear swing arm stands on sale for $24.99 through August.

Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand

Thanks for the info...just went and picked one up. It's very sturdy and nice to not need spools!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Getlow4OG

I bought one myself about a month ago, no complaints so far. Just a awesome a deal!!!

bmw675

It was the worst $25 I ever spent. I used the rear about 10 times, and never used the front. the stand began to bend/twist and I lost all confidence in it.

Thats in addition to the pads slipping where it made contact on the swingarm.

Hope you have better luck!

jamesgarfield

total newbie question, I just got a stand and am I the only one that feels like it requires two people to get it on the stand (one to hold the bike straight up and another to actually use the stand?)

bmw675

total newbie question, I just got a stand and am I the only one that feels like it requires two people to get it on the stand (one to hold the bike straight up and another to actually use the stand?)
I felt that way the first couple times putting a bike on a stand. after that you get much more comfortable. Much easier on the 6r than most ss b/c of the grab handle.

just get the stand toching the swingarm where you want it to lift, hold the bike straight up by the grab handle. you'll be able to lift it easy that way. and make sure the front wheel is straight, helps lift it straighter.

travisH3

So it does have pads where it lifts the rear swing arm to prevent scratching? I was saving to buy the spool adapters that go on the swing arm and a stand for spools but if this does the same then I might have to get this one

bmw675

So it does have pads where it lifts the rear swing arm to prevent scratching? I was saving to buy the spool adapters that go on the swing arm and a stand for spools but if this does the same then I might have to get this one
I never put swing arm spools on the 6r, but I have them on my current bike. They are the way to go. stand 'locks' on and helps lift the bike square. plus you don't have to worry about placement and movement of the bike/stand contact point.

Will always lift the same way everytime.

Yes, there are some rubber-type covers that prevent scratching, but I covered each with a shop rag to further protect and think I will continue to do so. This stand feels VERY sturdy. I hope it lasts, but I only plan on using it for oil changes and chain maintenance.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

Well if it bends then I'll straighten it out and weld a brace in with some scrap tubing I have so I'm not worried. Seems sturdy so far but just picked it up yesterday. Put the bike on it this evening. Will check it in the am.

daddyrack

Premium Member