Rear Suspension

porky45

Spinoff of the recent front suspension/fork thread.

I searched (maybe not hard enough) for threads on rear suspension and found nothing.

I was just wondering what setting you have set yours to and why?

I haven't adjusted mine as of yet.

cbzdel

I am 200lbs.. It started off at 3 and rode like a Cadillac and I had no problem in the corners, then I rode 2 up and put it up to 7 and never changed it, its nice and firm but when I would hit a bump in the twistys it kinda scared me! So now I keep it at about 5.. I like the firmness, but wish it didnt drop so much for 2 up riding..

joloy133

I am 195 lbs. before gear. Mine is set at 5 and it seems good there, only the sharpest bumps are harsh but no problems in anything else for my riding, might even go back to 4.

Verranth

I'm 180 before gear, and I've set it to 4. That way I dont have to mess with it when going 2 up. I had it at 3, but that didnt work out well when the gf got on :D

bmw675

im only 165 lbs and i moved it from 3 to 4 so far.
i noticed on 3, when i would go over RR tracks, it seemed too soft and would bounce a few times. now it goes over more solid.

porky45

I am 200lbs.. It started off at 3 and rode like a Cadillac and I had no problem in the corners, then I rode 2 up and put it up to 7 and never changed it, its nice and firm but when I would hit a bump in the twistys it kinda scared me! So now I keep it at about 5.. I like the firmness, but wish it didnt drop so much for 2 up riding..
So for 2up riding you would say a 6 or 7 is pretty good? About 360lbs would be on the bike.