Rear Cowl Cover

To anyone who has installed this cowl, whats the point of the clear stickers? i see no reason for them, the cowl in no were close to touching the fairing where they tell you to put them.. if you sit on the cowl I can see it bending and rubbing on the fairing lol..
to prevent the cowl from scratching the finish. You can push the cowl down on the corners.

One thing I noticed about the yellow seat cowl is that the color doesn't match. Its a little off from the bike color.

One thing I noticed about the yellow seat cowl is that the color doesn't match. Its a little off from the bike color.

Really, that's a shame. How far off is it? Would it bother you enough to have it paint matched and re-painted?

Really, that's a shame. How far off is it? Would it bother you enough to have it paint matched and re-painted?
No, its not off that much but I noticed it right away. I'm guessing most people won't notice. Not worth the money to have it re-painted. I probably will contact Yamaha and let them know. Who knows maybe they will send me a new one for free.:shakehead:

The yellow paint (in my case) I feel is slightly different on the tank (metal) vs the fairing (plastic). Are you comparing the cowl to the tank or fairing?

The yellow paint (in my case) I feel is slightly different on the tank (metal) vs the fairing (plastic). Are you comparing the cowl to the tank or fairing?
I'm comparing it to the section just below the cowl.

Have the dealer look at it and explore options there. If you can get them to back you I'd bet they'll send another one. I get customer satisfaction surveys all the time, especially if dealer does any servicing for you.

seat cowl

couple pics of the new seat cowl

Attachments

• FZ6R1.jpg
    FZ6R1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 39
  • FZ6R2.jpg
    FZ6R2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 46
  • FZ6R3.jpg
    FZ6R3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 45