Really put the 6R to the test tonight

Fenixgoon

I rode up to Baltimore today (about 2-2.5hrs depending on traffic) - clear skies, sunny, absolutely gorgeous, if a little humid...

I left around 630 to avoid rain, though little did I know what lay ahead. As I headed home, it got dark. No surprise there - I switched over to my clear faceshield and continued on my merry way.

As it got darker and darker, the bugs started picking up and I was scoring kill combos left and right.

And then it rained...which actually wasn't all that much a problem...initially. I pulled into a store parking lot, threw on my rainsuit, and kept chugging along with about 30 miles to home.

Everything was going well till I got about 10 miles home. There's a bridge. And it was very windy. And it was raining. And my faceshield was completely fogged over, so opposing traffic nearly blinded me.

That was probably the scariest 5 minutes I've ever been on the bike - with slick ground and wind pushing me from side to side, I was simply praying I wouldn't lose traction and spill on top of a bridge. I just followed the tail lights of the car in front of me (thank you whoever that was) and kept the bike as stable as I could.

I made it home in one piece, thank god (or whatever higher power you believe in! :D)

Today was definitely a great day for riding - today - not tonight :p

SpawnXX

Premium Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

linkgt

Cool story bro. I've had really bad windy days, and I got caught in some rain once or twice. As long as you keep calm, things should go ok.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Dan McLean

About a week after I bought my bike I was out riding, i kept to the back roads as it was very windy, infact it was so bad i was totaly leaning over to one side while maintaining a straight line. It got os bad i headed towards the highway to make a quick route home as the wind was so bad. On entering the highway down the slip road there was about 40+ local bikers from one of the local bike clubs heading along the freeway making their way to melbourne. They were taking up the two outside lanes due to the wind to make it safer as the weather was getting worse plus the sand storm started making visability worse. The guy on the back door spotted me coming down the slip road and held back, as I got on to the highway he waved me over to join in so I would be sheltered by the large group of bikes. I pulled in beside them and continued the 30k's till my turn off. As I turned off the guys gave a nod and off i went with a many thanks wave.
Isnt it great that when conditions get bad bikers join together and help eachother out whether you are part of them or not..
Dan

buzzbomb

Elite Member