re-foam

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Hellgate

Yes, the kit works great. I repaired an old set of Boston Acoustics about 10 years ago. They still sound great. I think the kit from FleaBay was about $20.00 at the time.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

My old Cerwin Vega passive bass is still going strong in the living room still will hit that 4 Hz level.

The upstairs movie room dedicated home theater set of Magnepan speaker, once you listen to them it is hard to go back to box speakers. http://www.magnepan.com/ I have the 12 and 1.7s with center channel CC5.
Truly high end equipment and sound like you have never heard it before. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Yes, the kit works great. I repaired an old set of Boston Acoustics about 10 years ago. They still sound great. I think the kit from FleaBay was about $20.00 at the time.
Ha! Must be an issue with BA's!! My dad had a couple of OLD BA floor speakers - I think the woofer is 10"? Might be 8". Anyhow, he had them in the house for 15 years, and the foam blew out on them. He said I could keep the speakers if I could repair them. That was probably 15 years ago, maybe more - I think I was in high school when I repaired them. I don't remember there being anything to it. It's easier than a VCG.

Y

yellowfz

Yep, that looks like a fine job and should work for years to come. :thumbup: