Rattle sound when going over bumps.

dawg

Wondering if someone would be able to help with this or have seen a similar issue…

I notice a rattling sound coming from just in front of me when riding over bumps. I think I checked everything around the console but can’t figure out what is causing the problem.

This is not the same issue as the buzzing sound from the windshield.

Thanks.

80s Kid

I'm not not sure what it could be but I'd suggest checking around the entire bike. In the past I've tried to troubleshoot while riding and could have sworn I heard odd noises coming from one side of the bike and when I finally figured out what it was, it was nowhere near where it sounded like. Sounds around you will get distorted while you're riding (even more so with your lid on). Good luck figuring it out.

Chucker

It's your head. The sound comes out the bottom of your helmet and the windscreen deflects it back at you.

ajskillz13

Just the front forks working... I get this when hitting small potholes.

ajskillz13

Yeah that's what it sounds like but wasn't sure if its normal.
I don't know if this is true, but I would assume higher quality forks would not produce this type of action. The same goes with the suspension on cars. Your higher quality BMWs, Audis etc. have a much tighter feel when handling bumps. Whether they are stiff or soft, there is just less sound and vibration with higher quality.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

KeysRider3

I had a shipping crate screw that had somehow managed to find its way into the front of my fairing, and was sitting on top of my exhaust. I found it while doing my first oil change.