Rant Rant Rant

rjohnson5481

apartment has been without since a/c since at least one thirty. My wife leaves around then for work and i came home to the A/C turned way down. And it still reading 80, i feel the vents, barely anything. Cold but not enough blowing air. So i get home from work around 345, talk to the office. " the low tonight is 59 that's not an emergency, it will be tomorrow" So i try to solve the problem work with her change the filter, turn it off for an hour turn it back on. The house is now 5 degrees hotter. My wife works the night shift, or we'd be in a hotel...and still might be if it stays this hot. But that means she'll be here tomorrow until the afternoon with a high of 95 degrees tomorrow. The office manager tried to tell me they'd be here between 8-11 and that's all she could do. So i started to get pretty angry and that i won't have 2 cats and my wife in a house with no A/C at 90 degrees. So she told me i was first he'd be here at 8 AM. Looks like i'm taking a sick day to be here at 8 AM if he isn't i'm raising more hell.
We'll see what it's like in a few hours when my wife is due home they have an emergency number but i honestly don't want to wake someone up that should've been called a 4pm instead of 10, because i really doubt she'll be the one to answer the emergency call.

Sorry I had to rant, i was furious.

Crocop43

Change the air filter more than likely that's ur problem ....when air filters aret changed it will still blow for awhile but the pipes will freeze over and confessed meaning it will blow for awhile then stop but never get any cooler ...try this but if it doesn't work threaten them about hiring a lawyer because there is a law against slum lords

Seems legit.....

rjohnson5481

Thanks, we changed it. She tried to tell me i froze it. it would've thawed in an hour and still nothing. i think the fan is gone. I can't find the outside unit and we have slanted roof with nothing on them any idea where the outside portion of the unit is? i've walked all the way around my building..nothing.

Crocop43

Maybe the roof or a storage closet.....next question are ur floors getting wet anywhere? Also once u change the filter turn the heat on (max) for about 15 mintues it's gonna suck but I will de thaw the pipes....let me know if that works

rjohnson5481

doing it now, thanks.

rjohnson5481

won't blow hot air either. Get this, it's on Auto the temp is set to 75, flip the heat on. Then turn the temp up to 90, it won't kick on....b/c it's so damn hot.
So i override turn the fan to on, and it's not blowing anything.

Crocop43

Ur problem is one of 2 things
Ethier ur thermostat is bad the coil in side is probably not expanding to make it kick over
Or
U got a bad master unit bit probably the first one because those usually won't go bad without a sign
But it's hard to tell because I'm not there

rr_double_rr

Yeah, but if he kicks it into emergency it should blow regardless of thermostat or any faults the unit might have, right?

From the way it reads you've tried this, am I right?

If so, the problem isn't the coil in the thermostat. It's something in the blower assembly itself. I lived in a place that had a similar problem and somethign had chewed throught the shielding on the power cables and it shorted out. Not saying that's what yours is, just saying that if you tried it in Emergency Run and still got nothing then it's not the thermostat. Maybe the controller itself or the link between the devices. Just my $.02.

rjohnson5481

Thermostat and the fan, thanks fellas. Got me working i think. They've updated this entire unit since i've been here, all because of problems. I'm almost living in the 2000's now.

Thanks again for the advice fellas!