Rain jacket?

Cerebus

Does anyone make a rain jacket, maybe something over-sized, specifically just to go over riding jacket? I just bought a nice leather jacket, so I know I can't get it wet. I'm thinking something I could throw in my backpack, or if it's lightweight enough to fold up and put in a pocket, for days that rain is a possibility.

Would one of the $5 "emergency" rain coats like you can pick up at Wally World work? I'm thinking it might rip itself apart in the wind, although I can't imagine I would be driving too fast if stuck riding in the rain.

Last edited:

sammy56

Visit Bass Pro Shop...they'll have something perfect.

LB

lwclancers

Icon and S&S make rain specific over jackets, but are pricey. You could look at Frog Toggs as a viable alternative.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

anson650

Dennis Kirk has a bunch of pvc stuff on sale right now.
I try to buy local when I can so that the shop is there when I need them.
Just had to buy a Reg/Rectifier, $105 plus shipping or $105 plus tax.....
Anson

EsrTek

I got this one

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/910/28896/ITEM/MotoCentric-Centrek-One-Piece-Rainsuit.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

It is great at keeping you dry, and keep chill off you if between 40*-60*, fits in the tank bag easily. Only downside is no air gets in, and warms you up. The trick is making that downside a plus, eg riding in the cold, it actually helps warm you up :D Wore mine as a test in 45* morning commute and was sweating when I got to work 15mins later.

They also have a 2 piece: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/910/28893/ITEM/MotoCentric-Mototrek-Two-Piece-Rainsuit.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Last edited:

Andy

I have this set

Highway Toadz Motorcycle Frogg Toggs.

I Like these alot. velcro and zippers. Easy to get pants on and off. No flapping in the wind. Only thing that ever got wet was very end of pant legs once. Made for motorcycles, and you can buy direct and cut out the middle man. It fits over my Icon textile jacket as well.

Last edited:

ksanbon

Oh, I think I found something...
Icon PDX Rain Jacket - RevZilla

I wouldn't mind something cheaper though. :)

I bought the PDX jacket from Revzilla last year and love it. The quality is high, so I figure it should last forever (as long as I don't do something stupid).
The medium fits perfectly over my medium Cortec mesh jacket. The combination works so well in cold / wet weather that I won't be replacing my worn-out textile jacket.

Cerebus

I bought the PDX jacket from Revzilla last year and love it. The quality is high, so I figure it should last forever (as long as I don't do something stupid).
The medium fits perfectly over my medium Cortec mesh jacket. The combination works so well in cold / wet weather that I won't be replacing my worn-out textile jacket.
How small can you pack it? Any chance it will fit under the seat?

BKP

ksanbon

How small can you pack it? Any chance it will fit under the seat?
No, and it won't come close to fitting there. The material's too thick and the jacket has a vented liner inside. Mine weighs about 1.5 lbs.