Race Modified FZ6R

Brugge

At this year's Indy MotoGP Yamaha had a "race ready" FZ6R on display. Unfortunately they did not list the mods other than "some were factory and some were third party". Hopefully those interested can figure out who some of those vendors are. So far I can identify the ASV levers, 2 Bros exhaust, and of course the Yamaha double bubble windscreen. A larger swing arm was installed with a Dunlop Roadsmart 190. Both front and rear brake-lines were stainless steel. Large frame sliders are there too. Notice the oil cap and lots of bolts and have been secured with twisted wire.

For those of us that tried removing our rear grab bars and were left with ugly gaps take a look at the solution to cover those gaps.

I posted the pictures to photobucket so those interested can take a look and hopefully zoom in on the areas of interest.

Pictures by FZ6R_VI - Photobucket

Enjoy,
Kevin

BTW the MotoGP was a blast!

Last edited:

Verranth

That TBR exhaust looks wierd...but I like that it's still a tucked in version. I think I may prefer that to the pipe sticking out like everyone else's. The chain looks different too...well, at least the color :p

arcflash316

Ya I like my TBR better sticking out just a bit to the side and not baking off my tire like that one appears to be, maybe its not but it looks like it. I am planning on doing something similar to the passenger peg mounts by eliminating the wings that hold them and machining a clevis clamp to pinch the frame below the seat and coming down with some mounts to look more like the R1/R6 version. I will keep ya'll posted on those developments of that design. I do have a complete machine shop @ my disposal;)

cbzdel

Ya I like my TBR better sticking out just a bit to the side and not baking off my tire like that one appears to be, maybe its not but it looks like it. I am planning on doing something similar to the passenger peg mounts by eliminating the wings that hold them and machining a clevis clamp to pinch the frame below the seat and coming down with some mounts to look more like the R1/R6 version. I will keep ya'll posted on those developments of that design. I do have a complete machine shop @ my disposal;)
Cant wait for pics of that!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cavcuz05

that's not a tbr exhaust look at the carbon fiber all TBR have the same carbon fiber...also look at the style not a TBR style... yes sits similar to on...def a custom job like im getting done

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
that's not a tbr exhaust look at the carbon fiber all TBR have the same carbon fiber...also look at the style not a TBR style... yes sits similar to on...def a custom job like im getting done
Actually, I believe it is a TBR exhaust. I think I can see part of the TBR logo in one of the pictures.

cavcuz05

im thinking graves but its still a sweet bike

fz6r rider

that is deff a graves low mount my boy has the same one on his 08 gsxr 750 and its the best sounding exhaust ever! deff not two brothers.

Edit: Swingarm has Graves sticker on it!

Last edited: