R6S High Pipe Idea

redprodigy35

Hey guys!
So I've been thinking... Hard.:rolleyes:

Any of you have any input on how I can get this high pipe type of exhaust onto our bike?

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.
(Under R6S exhaust)

I know it's a love it or hate it design-- I fall into the first category.
I understand it would be custom, a "project", a mess maybe.

I'm gonna research and talk to some people at my local shop. Also gonna try and talk to those people @ Holeshot and see what they have to say.
I hit up Marthy for his work and waiting on a quote but in the meantime have been scheming on this idea.

Any thoughts on it from you guys who like to work on your own stuff in the garage? All input appreciated. ;)

** I attached an image for you guys to see since there is no direct link.

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

If your wanting to go The custom exhaust route why not try to go CUSTOM and go for a under seat setup instead of jut putting it beside the rear seat. Just my 2c

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

LS6TT

If your wanting to go The custom exhaust route why not try to go CUSTOM and go for a under seat setup instead of jut putting it beside the rear seat. Just my 2c
I toyed with the idea, but only way torun the pipe would put it sitting onthe rear brake line

Y

yellowfz

Looks pretty easy, passenger might not like it. Like dart1963 says, have to remove passenger foot peg bracket section.

FZ6R_Mike

I don't think a passenger would be possible with that setup. I can't remeber how much room there is by the shock but I remeber seeing a decent size space. Im at work so I can't look at my bike. I would love to see someone try the undertail concept. My quad has the center exhaust and I think centered exhausts look amazing! Good luck with this and I hope u get it fabbed up

redprodigy35

So a lil past due update...

I spoke to some shops in my relative area.

Half of them looked @ me like I was nuts.
Others said they could work off the 03-05 R6 headers and possibly make something happen.

I'm not too concerned about the passenger.
Throw a rear seat cowl back there and the bike is already changing a whole lot.
Perhaps another reason to get some of those overpriced rearsets from Italy someone posted not too long ago.
My father works in construction. Currently there are some master welders @ his job site fabricating duct work. I'm thinkin to run the idea by them, and see what I can come up with.

So far haven't spoken to anyone that I really feel confident about...

Either way thanks for the input guys... It seems as if I'll just have to keep asking around.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

If you want to save a few dollars and don't mind drilling a hole the stock rear sets from an R1 will fit. I bolted the clutch/shifter side up just fine (granted, you have to get an aftermarket shift rod or a female-to-male adapter to get that to fit right) by matching up the top hole and drilling a new one for the bottom. I didn't make any progress on the brake side because my wife decided she wanted to start trying to go 2 up. I did get the idea from another thread on here so I know its possible. Just a suggestion...