R6 vs. R6s

I was just looking at these 2 bikes and wondering what is the major differences between them. Does anyone here own them or ridden on one before?

B

bigdog9191999

bore and stroke, clutch, front brakes, tires, l x w x h, compression and more (from yamaha spec sheets on their site)

looks like most everything but still has 99% of the performance a lesser price..

if i remember reading correctly the "s" reused some of the older parts to knock cost down some.

Yeah I'm looking at the comparison now, but it looks like in then pics that the R6S has just a little more upright riding position.

D

dako81

2005 r6 = 06 and newer r6s (I believe I have the years correct)

06 and newer r6 = different bike

Newer means more technology, horsepower, goodies, seating position, etc.

M

moopie

From what I understand the R6s is always just the older version of the R6. So, when they redesign the R6, many of the old parts/styling/power then becomes the R6s. Hubby owned an 04 R6 which is now thought of to be the current R6s.

From what I understand the R6s is always just the older version of the R6. So, when they redesign the R6, many of the old parts/styling/power then becomes the R6s. Hubby owned an 04 R6 which is now thought of to be the current R6s.
Yeah your right. Just did a lot of research on it and Yamaha did that to save money and use the old parts for the R6 that were stocked up. So I would say the R6S is a pretty damn good bike. I'm really looking at the FZ1 as it has an upright riding position.

S

Steph

Yeah your right. Just did a lot of research on it and Yamaha did that to save money and use the old parts for the R6 that were stocked up. So I would say the R6S is a pretty damn good bike. I'm really looking at the FZ1 as it has an upright riding position.
Why are you already looking at a new bike when the one you have, you were scared of a month ago and still only have 30 miles on it?!?

Why are you already looking at a new bike when the one you have, you were scared of a month ago and still only have 30 miles on it?!?
Just looking to the future and trying to persuade my wife to want to take my FZ6R and not get a cruiser so I can get the FZ1. :thumbup:

S

Steph

Just looking to the future and trying to persuade my wife to want to take my FZ6R and not get a cruiser so I can get the FZ1. :thumbup:
But why in the world would you go up to that much of a bike when you only have 30 miles under your belt...it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me, recipe for failure. And you were scared of the 600cc not that long ago, the litre bikes are waaaay more intimidating than the FZ6R

But why in the world would you go up to that much of a bike when you only have 30 miles under your belt...it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me, recipe for failure. And you were scared of the 600cc not that long ago, the litre bikes are waaaay more intimidating than the FZ6R
I know I'm just looking like a year or 2 down the road. I'm not saying I'm buying it tomorrow. The FZ6R was easy to start on. I was nervous for nothing. I still take it real easy when I ride. I don't ride to impress anyone, I ride for myself to have fun.

S

Steph

I know I'm just looking like a year or 2 down the road. I'm not saying I'm buying it tomorrow. The FZ6R was easy to start on. I was nervous for nothing. I still take it real easy when I ride. I don't ride to impress anyone, I ride for myself to have fun.
WAS easy to start on? You do realize that you haven't really even started right? It took me a good 3 years to understand my bike, after 4 years, I was feeling like I knew enough to move up to a bigger bike. 30 miles is nothing.
I am not saying this to bash you, just to hopefully talk you into taking it slower. You are not ready (nor would ANYONE be, after that short of time)

B

bushboarder

Why not eventually move to the FZ6? It's a step up on horses from the R and has the same feel as the FZ1. I rode my friends FZ1 last week. While it is a great ride, I don't see myself needing that kind of power right now.

Steph and Bush your both right. I am taking it real slow with my FZ6R and will upgrade later on in the future. Thanks for your concern.