r6 rearsets on my fz6r

davet7469

I put 09 r6 rearsets on my fz6r, it turned out a lot easier than i thought. only had to drill two holes in the bracket, picked up two bolts, two washers, and two nuts and it fit nicely on there. I used the shifter rod from the r6 and the rear master cylinder and did a rear brake fluid flush to replace any fluid that was spilled and get out any air bubbles that could've gotten in there when i was doing the swap. Took me about an hr or two. I changed it, because r6 rearsets are much cheaper and it has a sportier feel to it now. Also i had to replace the left side anyway since i stripped the threads for the shifter somehow, fz6r rearsets are so much more expensive. Cost me about 60$ for both rearsets that came with the rear master cylinder and r6 shifter rod. I'll post a full picture of the bike once im done with everything else im doing.

Attachments

lizardsbba

Hey thanks for throwing this up here, this is one of the last mods I really want to do to mine. How's the leg positioning with these? I know the stockers make it really uncomfortable to try to shift when in a tuck.

Chucker

Thanks for this. Can you post a picture of the full bike from the side?

davet7469

Here's a full picture of the bike, just got done paining the right side, trying to decide if i should replace the stickers, or just go plain or just the yamaha sticker on the bottom. I still got to put in the right turn signal and i'll be done with the bike.

Attachments

davet7469

Hey thanks for throwing this up here, this is one of the last mods I really want to do to mine. How's the leg positioning with these? I know the stockers make it really uncomfortable to try to shift when in a tuck.
I didn't really get a chance to ride it yet, it's either been raining or brutally cold. I did a quick test on it to test the rear brake and i really liked it, i even swapped out the handle bar to one that didn't rise as much so i got the more sporty feel. I had to lower the bike an inch though for clearance.