R6 headers

justinbirk

Hello guys. I would like opinions on how you guys bent you're headers to clear the oil pan, any advice? I've ordered my headers on eBay and I'm wanting advice on best tricks to bending them. How much do they need bent. Did you heat them, did you fill with sand, what are you're tricks.. Thank you

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FZ6R_Mike

My dad and I used a torch to heat them and I put a bar on the pipe and bent it. Mine didn't need bent that much and I got it on the first try. Lucky me! We put them in a vice, he heated the bottom bends where the pipes are all close and I put a pry bar over the single pipe and bent it slightly. It might take a couple times to get it just right. REMEMBER DO NO TOUCH THE PIPE UNTIL YOU COOL IT DOWN!!!!!

Last edited:

adamo3957

I'm needing opinions they say juice box is better correct?

Incorrect, juicebox is cheaper.

In order of cost and performance (nothing coincidental about this)

Aftermarket ECU

Custom dyno and road Ecu flash/Remap (don't know anywhere else that does this)

Mail in Ecu flash (see above)

Then fuel controllers in this order
Power commander
Juicebox
Ejk fuel controller, (this is down to limited users therefore less support available)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

adamo3957

I use the EJK on my FZ09, great product! I actually test them back to back with the PCV on the FZ09 and the EJK was way more stable. If you don't plan on adding quick shifter and all sort of things the EJK is a good cheaper option. If I ever get the cams off the 6R I'll test one of those for sure.
Yeah, but your the exception...

Was thinking more for the less mechanically orientated in terms of products for them to look at...

Personally love the aftermarket ecu approach myself but can't afford to keep buying them (done a lot of similar work on cars to the stuff I've seen you sort out, always good to find someone who understands why a mod effects a motor...)

FZ6R_Mike

I did not use a fuel controller. I forgot to add since you are doing this that you should purchase AIS block off plates. My pops a little on decel but not bad. It is a good idea to use a fuel controller though.

justinbirk

Would I want juice box pro or ejk? All I want to have one for is the exhaust is apparently gonna run lean when I get the r6 headers and muffler on so all I wanna do is fix the running lean . I don't need all the other fancy things the controllers do

justinbirk

Never mind . its like a smog pump on a vehicle , do all bikes have this? Or just once from California?

adamo3957

As for fuel controller, the question is what are you aiming for?

Do you want cheap (this is my guess as your doing the r6 headers...)

Do you want perfection in tuning.

Then last question, do you have an o2 sensor? I'm in Aus so our bikes come fitted with one...

justinbirk

And I'm aiming for just fixing the bike going lean when I get my exhaust on. Not really wanting to up the other things just the fuel being lean

adamo3957

And I'm aiming for just fixing the bike going lean when I get my exhaust on. Not really wanting to up the other things just the fuel being lean

Sorry I'll rephrase my question.

I get your trying to get moar noise from the zaust./ Or are you pony chasing? (looking for powah!!)

Are you looking for a cheap solution to this problem, or are you looking to maximise performance?

Then the question is how competent are you mechanically?
If not very competent (or an dedicated learner), are you going to take it to a dyno to have them make the adjustments? (to measure Air to fuel ratio's you require a wide band sensor, a method to log these or a dyno.)

Then adjustments can be made etc...

Want easy, it's not the best solution and may still lean out, but Juice box and Marthy's map, Or power commander and Marthy's map/autotune (this is an additional part and costs $$$). Or other easy, fit pipes, ride to dyno shop, let them do everything and provide you with their preference for tuning...

As an FYI, there is no 1 answer here. There are over 10 options I could list of the top of my head, and pro's and con's of each. But there's so many variables that it's not an easy simple subject....

justinbirk

I'm all bout noise.. Sounds like a big moped and yes I'm mechanical ly good with caebuerated engines but I'm new too efi. But yes sound is whatvim mostly about

Riccochet

Just pony up for the PC and run Marthy's map. There isn't much difference between our stock pipes and the R6 pipes as far a flow is concerned. It all gets piped down to a 2" outlet run through a straight through can. So, if you do run lean with Marthy's map it won't be by much and not enough to really damage anything. At least that's my opinion.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member