R6 header?

DocFZ

I have access to an r6 header. Its off a 99. Seen a few posts on using this with an aftermarket can and it seems alot better than spending a thousand bucks on a tbr for the extra few horses. Some say minimal work to make the header fit, some say alot. Any ideas from someone who's done it? Oh and its for a 2010 fz6r

Anything is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

btastarsky

I used a 2000 r6 header on my 09 fz6r. My mechanic had to heat up the lower set of "elbows" and bend the pipes down about a half inch to clear the oil pan. From there, its just figuring out where you want your muffler to be and adding the appropriate amount of pipe and bracketry. I would recommend using a shop for this because they have access to torches and other sundry tools that the average biker may not. Check out my threat "R6 header+Viper Race can = Awesomeness!". There is also a video on there for your viewing pleasure.

BL6RNKY

Yeah, Im in the process of mounting a 02 R6 header with a 06 stock R6 can, i bolted everything up last night and it needs some modding but i got everything for less than 100 bucks, beats 1000 for the tb system and it sounds wicked, shoots a blue flame out the exhaust, need $ for a PC but it sounds wicked and the price is the most wicked thing about it

DocFZ

I used a 2000 r6 header on my 09 fz6r. My mechanic had to heat up the lower set of "elbows" and bend the pipes down about a half inch to clear the oil pan. From there, its just figuring out where you want your muffler to be and adding the appropriate amount of pipe and bracketry. I would recommend using a shop for this because they have access to torches and other sundry tools that the average biker may not. Check out my threat "R6 header+Viper Race can = Awesomeness!". There is also a video on there for your viewing pleasure.
Yeah you're post was the one that got me thinkin about it. My buddy runs a small fab/body shop outta his garage, he actully helped me weld my homemade fe. Which reminds me I gotta post picks of that lol