R1 pegs fit

LS6TT

Grabbed a front and rear set of black anodized r1 pegs on ebay for cheap (total for both was $16) figured hey why not give it a try.

Only issue I found was I couldn't use all of the hardware that came with the pegs, had to reuse the front pins, but had to buy bolts nuts and washers for the rears.

The rears need two washers on top and the bracket will flex a bit to get tight. I'll probably hunt down a pin long enough soon. I want black pins.

No slop on either set, went for a 20 min ride and no added vibration, no need to adjust the shifter or brake pedal either.

Anyhow, picture

ej'sfz

Ive been wondering about soem different pegs... the stock just sit too low I actually tore one of the sliders off my boot this weekend... shorter ones liek this might help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LS6TT

I put some on a few weeks ago, but the rears didn't fit right. The pin that came with the pegs was too short, but the one on the bike was too fat. I may bore the hole a lil bigger to make it fit. Fronts for fine, mine are polished aluminum. I like them much better than stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I bought bolts because to bore them out for our factory pins would have pushed the limit of the integrity.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LS6TT

Thought about plasti diping but I'll scratch if off when I go to install them. The back pins are just bolts and nuts. 1/4"

latony007

Paint them. Where did you get the smaller diameter pin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Scott no difference on the vibration of the pegs without the rubber on the stock pegs? How about when your stopping do they stick in your leg an irritate?

abyss1406

The question for the OP is what year R1 foot pegs did you buy?

LS6TT

Scott no difference on the vibration of the pegs without the rubber on the stock pegs? How about when your stopping do they stick in your leg an irritate?
Not aimed at me, but I noticed no added vibration and maybe it's the way I stand, but peg doesn't touch my leg.

The question for the OP is what year R1 foot pegs did you buy?
Ad said 98-2014, I did some skimming and it doesn't look like the pegs changed across the generations.

latony007

Not aimed at me, but I noticed no added vibration and maybe it's the way I stand, but peg doesn't touch my leg.
probably has something to do with my being short lol. when i put my legs down at stops my calves basically rest against the pegs, even fold them up a bit on the springs and i was just concerned that the jagged looking pegs would jab or irritate my leg. Some red ones would look good on my bike :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member