Quick shifter?

Lilday

Right, I'm tired of the HORRIBLE gear changes on this bike and I need to do something about it.

I dunno what it is, but I've rode plenty of friends bikes and they all shift really smooth...

The XJ6 (UK name) is SO CLUNKY...It feels like all the gears are not even bolted in...and you have to shift it in to some loose cogs and wait for it to grab on.

Trying to clutchless shift is almost impossible (downshifts are OK)...

I've tried on my friends XJ6 and it is exactly the same, so I need a solution so the bike no longer feels like hell.

I'm thinking a quickshifter might help? I'm seriously ready to drop some heavy cash to fix this. I'd replace the clutch & gear box with one from an R6 if it was even remotely possible...

This bike just changes gear like a horrible clunky heavy machine, which is very annoying because the bike is very comfortable, it looks amazing and the power delivery is extremely smooth.

I just can't go on any longer riding this thing whilst it feels like I'm forcing every gear into place.

Maadi

This might have nothing to do with your situation, but I have found that I had a really hard time shifting on this bike because I was treating it like a cruiser and shifting around 3000 rpm. (I bought this bike in August 2012 after owning a V-Star 650 for 5 years) Now, when I do it around 5000 rpm it works a lot smoother. :eek:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I never liked the shifting on my FZ6R, and my suspicions were confirmed when I got my FZ1. However, as mentioned above, shifting at higher revs works better. It's designed to work that way. Try feathering the throttle but letting the revs climb past 5k. Try different points on the tach, 6k, 8k, whatever pleases your ear. It will shift better at higher revs.

Bert-Aus

Shifting @ 5k?!?

I dont bother until 6500 atleast, espec in Radelaide where the traffic is minimal but cagers think it is worse than Bangkok. Lane splitting u want to have power on tap & engine braking @ the ready.

Back to topic, only dropping into first is clunky on my XJ6S

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Ive found the smoothest points are around 6-6.5k ooor 7.5-8k. Depends how Im riding. If thats not what you mean, then take a look at dynotunes website, they have some available.

SpawnXX

Premium Member