Question before purchasing this particular bike online

CrazyCawi

sadly the only way to jew someone down is in person, cash talks, bullshit walks.

you hit him up over the phone or email and its easy for him to say no and wait for the next guy.

angelsneverlose

PM or email me if your still interested and looking. Im looking to sell mine now. I can send some pic's if you want. Its Yamaha blue, never been down and runs great. Over all its in great shape with just a couple minor scratches on the black chain guard peice (behind where your feet go). It only 7200 highway miles (its my commuter to work). For "mod's" I have the TBR Carbon exhaust installed and Pilot road 2's in great shape on it for rubber. It also is lowered (wife rides it sometimes too), but that can be removed easily, or left (Another member here helped install the link). You will also get the OEM exhaust back...

Let me know

Hm, I'm not sure how to work it then. I'd feel like a **** if I said "I only brought $4500 with me." The drive is 2 hours away :/.

sadly the only way to jew someone down is in person, cash talks, bullshit walks.

you hit him up over the phone or email and its easy for him to say no and wait for the next guy.

dndfindley

Thank you for that post. I'll keep my eyes pealed.

On average I've seen the FZ6R around $4500 online; ebay, classifieds, etc. Some are jacked up to over $5k+ though. So I'll take this as a red flag.

Apparently they aren't too hard to find in excellent condition. I guess I'll need to save a little more to have a bike shipped too. I'm guesstimating about $500-600 for shipping.

Here's another one I just found:

http://morgantown.craigslist.org/mcy/2464321113.html
Even having it shipped you're taking a chance. You're buying without looking it over personally or riding it. You are taking the word of the seller that it's in good shape. You may get a great bike or you may not. Your call but I would never buy without first riding the bike unless it was a brand new one from a dealer with 0 miles on it. David

Exactly, I agree. It looks like I'm buying the one for $4700 in NY. 2 hour drive, but it's the closest one in excellent shape around me. So excited!!!

Last edited:
Urgent Suggestions Opinions Please :)

Not that I'm not still interested in the bike I showed you guys with 4k miles on it. I just happened to find this bike on eBay and thought it would be a good idea to get instead because of how low the miles are... If I can't get this bike I'll still get the other one.

Here's the link:

Yamaha : FZ - eBay (item 110729665504 end time Aug-20-11 09:15:00 PDT)

It appears to be okay, but on the car fax it shows that there are two reports on it (doesn't indicate what kind of reports though).

I think this is a good deal even if I have it shipped to my house. The reserve is $4600.

It ends in 15 hours as well, so I'm hoping to buy it when it ends if you guys think it checks out. ;)

What do you guys think?

*Update*

Checked the VIN on it and there's only a lien on the bike. Everything else checks out! :). The seller offered me the bike for a little less than reserve, but I said I'll take it for $4500 or wait till the auction ends.

I think this is going to be a good buy!

Last edited:
I am now a proud owner of a FZ6R. I welcome myself to the community ! :D

Appreciate the help from you all. I'm happy to be on this forum! Can't wait to ride with some of you.

Fizzer6R

did you get the ebay one or? - either way congrats! now as fall is coming all kinds of used bikes will start popping up :cool:

I got the one off eBay I posted earlier. $4400 980 miles with dealer warranty.. It's estimated to cost 330-400ish in shipping. Very happy.

Thank you!

Fizzer6R

awesome. just check with the shipper who is gonna be responsible for any damage claim if it happens, they have a rep to break signals/mirrors etc.

I'm going to use HaulBikes and they do have included insurance. The only thing is, there is a 500 dollar dedutible to me if I have to file a claim. I can waive the deductible by paying an extra 50. I believe this is the same company my dad used to get his bike. I'm not too concerned with this company. Seems as though they have tons of experience!

I have to wait approx. 5 weeks. Actually, I will be getting the bike about 2-3 days after my MSF course. Oh well... Now I can sit back and wait for it to arrive on my doorstep :D.

Fizzer6R

why 5 weeks, cause of the shipping company schedule? - if so, they're a dealer right? then they seriously need a new shipping provider

Actually I arranged the shipper, the dealer has nothing to do with the shipping company. Unfortunately it takes about 2 weeks to pickup the bike and approx 3 to drop it off. They have a 80' flatbed (enclosed) they need to fill with bikes... I guess that's why it takes a while for them to come.

I picked these guys because we've used them before and are really reputable.

I looked around and I was not impressed by "uship" that was listed on ebay... It got HORRIBLE reviews.. So, I'm glad I didn't get screwed over.