question about sulfur smell

ej'sfz

here's the deal, the bike is a '12 and has about 5400 miles on it. whats goin is is after my ride to work, when i pull in the shop the exhaust smells like a converter thats gettin fuel dumped on it, real sulfury smell, and its only on my ride to work and not home. freeway speeds about 75 or 80 for about 10 mileson the 8. curvy roads on wildcat canyon before that....any body else get te smell after a ride?? cat's usually have a pretty quick break in period as far as smell goes it burns off pretty quick on cars anyway. any ideas would be great

ej'sfz

i was thinking it had something to do with the fuel i put in. some days it smells worse than others. gonna try and stick with chevron premium and see if theres any big difference in smell. today seemed worse than most days and im thinkin thats because i had to fill up at a circle k late last night after a hybrid class....didnt wanna run out on the way up the hill.thanks for the link

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ej'sfz

ha! no the smell at my shop is the edco garbage place a block down the street. and when they leave a door open or we catch a breeze it's a bad day

sammy56

You may be over revving with the clutch pulled for too long and burning fluid....
Maybe not, but a possibilty.

LB

Bert-Aus

I find my ride has a funny smell about it sometimes too, usually happens after short rides though.
Always assumed it was something getting burned on the exterior of the headers

xleeb0y13x

I've had the rotten egg smell a couple times. Usually after a very spirited twist of the throttle.

Sent while running with scissors.