Question about kill switch/engine start housing

kvc25

Hey guys. I just installed Woodcraft clipons and everything was going great. And then I started to reinstall the kill switch/engine start housing when I noticed that there was a small gap on the front of the housing. When I first loosened the bolts of the housing, I seem to remember that there were only two philips head screws that I undid, and I didn't take them out of their holes. But now I'm starting to think that I might have lost a screw, which would explain the gap. Pics attached of the gap. SO my question is if the housing has two visible screws, or if its three and I did lose one along the way. (But I looked all over the garage and found nothing). Any input would be greatly appreciated and would help me feel more at ease. The pic of the underside of the housing shows the spot where I think a screw might go. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

danieljardim

Hey guys. I just installed Woodcraft clipons and everything was going great. And then I started to reinstall the kill switch/engine start housing when I noticed that there was a small gap on the front of the housing. When I first loosened the bolts of the housing, I seem to remember that there were only two philips head screws that I undid, and I didn't take them out of their holes. But now I'm starting to think that I might have lost a screw, which would explain the gap. Pics attached of the gap. SO my question is if the housing has two visible screws, or if its three and I did lose one along the way. (But I looked all over the garage and found nothing). Any input would be greatly appreciated and would help me feel more at ease. The pic of the underside of the housing shows the spot where I think a screw might go. Thanks in advance.
Isn't that the little tab that goes on the hole on stock bar? If you didn't make an hole or cut off the tab I'll assume that will look like that.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

kvc25

Darn it. I guess I will have to deep search that garage again. The screw quite possibly could have even fallen off into the bike so I guess I'll Check the fairings as well. Thanks guys.

kvc25

Checked EVERYWHERE in the garage and on the bike and it was nowhere to be found. Its a Pretty long screw too so I definitely would have seen it if it dropped on the floor. Ended up just goin to Home Depot and grabbing a machine screw from there. Hopefully, the original screw turns up at some point. But all is well that ends well. Like others have stated, the clip ons make you fall in love with the bike all over again. It's tied with my TBR for best mod I've done to my bike!

kvc25

Yea I checked in there but found nothing. The Home Depot screw will do for now until my replacement ones come in the mail.