proud of the company i work for!

CrazyCawi

That is pretty amazing. To bad they didnt compare it to the toyota, and not to mention how fair is it to have a turbo gas engine up against stock engines non turbo equipped. Of course it will outperform lol, but impressive none the less.

iSpoolin

Im more impressed with the Powerstroke. The whole "ecoboost" thing just doesn't do it for me.

Detrich

Fail
Often
Repair
Daily

hehehehe :)

the twin turbos are to help it achieve the same or better power and efficiency than the v8s. the chevy and dodge they were compared too both had powerful gas guzzling v8s and the twin turbo six cylinder outperformed and got much better fuel economy. its an amazing engine. as for the powerstroke they are a powerful well performing engine... but not all that reliable lol. ill vouch for the ecoboost to be an incredible long lasting well engineered engine but he powerstroke has more problems than every assignment in jr high!:iconbeer:

jokerX

I happen to be a Ford Tech FZ6R rider as well. Howdy! At our dealer here we hooked up an ecoboost to a 25' trailer with an 7500lb concrete block on it for customers to demo. It pulls up an 8% grade leaving town at 50 mph quite happily. Only about 2400 rpm on the tach. I was impressed. That's 10,000 lbs behind a half ton with a V6. Wild.

yeah its an amazing engine. hell even my instructor at the college that has worked for chevy for 30 years says chevy CANNOT compete with this engine haha. he hates ford and says its the best engineered engine hes seen since the chevy 350 came out in the 50's:p

roundhouse

That is pretty amazing. To bad they didnt compare it to the toyota, and not to mention how fair is it to have a turbo gas engine up against stock engines non turbo equipped. Of course it will outperform lol, but impressive none the less.
yes but it is a turbo V6 ve a NA V8.

ford makes the best trucks IMO.

i do have alot of respect for toyota as well, other than their discustingly overpriced to buy and fix lol. but i gotta say hands down ford is dominating the truck market and now with the ecoboost in the lineup that lead is going to stretch even farther. now dont take me for a ford rocks, everything else sucks kind of guy because that isnt the case. every company has vehicles i like i think ford is the king of trucks half ton and up but you wont ever see me driving a focus or anything. ford cars are behind the world in some technology. if i were to give up 4x4 and go for a car again id probably buy a volkswagen. but the winters are to harsh here and 4x4 saves my ass and countless others that i pull out of ditches here far to often. fuel economy is nice, but id rather not get stuck lol

Last edited: