Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

latony007

someone had a post up with some yamaha electric bikes as well. Wonder how long it will be before you actually start seeing them on the street.

Fizzer6R

sure hope the Project becomes a product!! :cool:

latony007

i think Harley riders will never go for it even it does say Harley, at least not for a decade or so. I think one of the Japanese companies would have better luck trying to bring this to market but what do i know.

latony007

Some cool new pics:

Harley-Davidson's Project LiveWire electric motorcycle (pictures) - CNET

A short video of a test drive and various screens the LCD displays. One thing I did not consider with electric bikes that do not have a transmission is that they would be safer and more enjoyable to ride in a bustling city without the need to constantly be on the clutch.

Riding Harley-Davidson's all-electric Project LiveWire in the streets of NYC - CNET
That was cool thanks, i like the display, he said it was faster or had more get up and go than a 600 sport bike? The seat looks even worse than our stock seat but most do. The comments under the picture were pretty funny.

DiHydro

I test rode a Zero DS and FX the other week, and would go down to Milwaukee this weekend to try this out if I didn't have prior commitments! The strange thing about electrics is the (lack of) sound, but HD is using a 90 degree gear system to make some interesting audio stimulation. I do think for commuting, electric bikes are the best way to go. If anyone has some questions about the Zeros, I can answer what I know.