Project Honda

M

Mattberkshire

Restoring a Honda CB250RS that's been sat in a barn for 27 years. Got all the bits, just got to got to clean, polish, paint, mend and put them together. It's missing a front mudguard, chain & sprocket and exhaust but apart from that everything seems to be there (in a big box):rockon:

Attachments

F

fz6nick

Sweet! My dad restored a 85 V65 that was in a barn for around 15 years. Now it should be in a museum. Good Luck!

W

Wh0M3

Good luck with your project. I have a similar project, a Honda CB750 that I picked up from a friend, it's all torn down and in boxes. I also got a custom chopper frame for it, so that's what I want to do is make it a custom bike. My friend said the engine should run, but I haven't tried and he just got it from being froze.

I am excited to start on mine too. I think it will be a good project for me... And there are plenty of info out there on the net.

-PD

B

blueMONday

Good Luck with your project, would be interesting how it turns out. Please post some after pics.

M

Mattberkshire

Well as I need a front mudguard, front brake (entire unit) , battery, tank, gaskets and a few other things I've decided instead of buying everything separate I need a donor bike so once I feel rich enough to part with £100 or so I'll get me one and restart the project:D

grommit

Good luck with the project.

I rebuilt a CB125Twin some years ago after it went nuclear on me; hole in piston. :eek::D

M

Mattberkshire

Good luck with the project.

I rebuilt a CB125Twin some years ago after it went nuclear on me; hole in piston. :eek::D
Cheers. I've had so much fun stripping, painting, rebuilding etc that once I've finished I'll probanly take on another piece of sh!t and start again. Certainly don't plan to sell the bike. It's so light it must go round corners like a racer. CXan't wait to have a go!:rockon:

grommit

Cheers. I've had so much fun stripping, painting, rebuilding etc that once I've finished I'll probanly take on another piece of sh!t and start again. Certainly don't plan to sell the bike. It's so light it must go round corners like a racer. CXan't wait to have a go!:rockon:
I found this...

Honda CB250RS

RS=Racing Single. :thumbup:

M

Mattberkshire

That should be the finished product. Currently looks more like this....

N

n1one

Hey...cool project:thumbup:

I did a similar project 2 years ago...my 1982 Honda V45 Magna..I stirpped it down to the bare frame, repainted the frame, all new hardware, refreshed the top end of the motor and re-assembled. I gave the bike to my cousin who is now riding it. I figure I did not need it now that I have the FZ.

Enjoy and keep at it;)

Attachments

M

Mattberkshire

Things are moving on. Engines been out, stripped, cleaned, checked and is now back in and all the vitals are connected. Chains on. Electrics all connected. Carb checked and in place. Just got to put exhaust, seat and tank on and see if she'll start. Oh, and no front brake yet.

M

Mattberkshire

Aha! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! Got it going today. Runs smooth - after a rough start!! Just got to tidy up a few bits and get a front brake and it'll be on the road!!!!!! My first ever restoration - a success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon::rockon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZJMsWRPJtU"]YouTube - CB250RS[/ame]

reiobard

nice project! let us know how it is after you get brakes on it and can give it a test ride!

M

Mattberkshire

Front brake sorted. Everything pulled apart and cleaned and bled. The engine runs faultlessly, kicks first time every time. Woo hoo! Still a few bits to do but it'll be on the road by xmas.

Compared to the FZ6 it feels like riding a pushbike - very small and light.

R

racerws

Congratulations on your new restoration project. I have done several
bikes now, I used to do cars , but they got too expensive.
It is very rewarding to ride away on a bike you brought back to life!
Last winter I did a KZ900 and just love that bike. Try a dirt bike too.
Its cool to go to the trails on a vintage dirt bike. Others like to see the
old bikes also. Soon, you will meet friends with old bikes. We are starting
a monthly ride for only antique cycles. I missed the first one, because I
had the flu however.
Good luck to you!

Attachments

M

Mattberkshire

Parcel arrived today with an indicator relay, horn and mirror. I've put them all on and the bike is now ready for MoT. It rides goooood. Here's a clip:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZOLc2NXlVU"]YouTube - CB250RS ridden for first time[/ame]